(Hunger Games) Katniss Everdeen x Fem!Reader: Request

Request - CharactersxReader21

You became allies with Katniss solely because you hated your District and wanted them to feel punished for even liking that the games were happening again. Of course, you were well liked by the Capitol due to being a Career & disliked by the other Victors.

***** I don't own the characters from Hunger Games or her original plot. It will change to my plot occasionally :)

** In this, you are in place of Cashmere.
From District 1!!

Y/N = Your Name

Y/N's POV

The games just started.
I swam as fast as I could to get to the Cornucopia.
I notice Finnick and Katniss going off after Peeta.
I can't worry about her right now.
I need a weapon.
I may be from District 1 and I may be known as the silent killer, but I ... I wish I wasn't known for that. I wish I was living peacefully with my family not on television being watched as I kill people because the government says so.

I manage to grab a knife, crossbow, and a water canister before looking around.
I notice Beetee being followed and I follow Johanna to help him. I yell "Go! I'll cover you!"
She nods and runs off.

I lift up the crossbow and wait.
I shouldn't need to strike.
I might have to.

Johanna manages to slit the throat of the man and she helps Beetee up. I help Wiress and we run after Johanna. Blight trails behind us with his spear.

We finally stop running once we're far from the Cornucopia. I look around and let out a deep breath I hadn't realized I had been holding.
Johanna exclaims "I didn't think you'd show, 1."
I reply "I'd never go back on my word."
Beetee replies "What an admirable trait."
I smirk.
Johanna replies "Katniss and Haymitch said you'd come. They believed in you."
I reply "Good. They were right."
Johanna scoffs and says "Let's just keep walking."

We keep walking until we notice the digitally animated sky turn dark. We watch as lightning strikes that hit a rather large tree far away.
Wiress exclaims "Tick Tock."
Beetee nods and exclaims "Indeed."
Huh?!!

Blight takes the first watch with Johanna.
I fall asleep.

Next morning .... **pretend this is day 2**

We're walking when we notice clouds forming.
I exclaim "Looks like there will be rain."
Johanna snaps "Duh I see it."

Something red and sticky drops on me.
Oh sh**!! Blood!!

We start sprinting around and around until we hear a loud crash and Blight flies backward in the air. He lands at our feet sizzling with electricity. A forcefield?!!

Beetee leads us alongside it and we keep running. Wiress continuously yells "Tick Tock!" Then Johanna tries to quiet her down.

We make it to the beach and I run straight into the water.

I immediately start cleaning my face and body.
I hear "Johanna! Y/N!!"
I turn and see Finnick running with Katniss trailing behind him.

Katniss walks up to me and she says "I knew you'd show."
I reply "Of course I'd show. I promised."
She scoffs and says "You'd be surprised at how many broken promises I've heard."
Aw:(
I reply "Well you can always count on me."
She replies "Thanks. You can always count on me too especially right now. Can I help get that blood out of your hair?"
I answer "Yes please. I'll sit."
I sit in the water and she carefully runs her fingers through my hair. She runs her hands up and down my head. It feels like a heavenly head massage. I feel so at peace right now. Wow.

I then hear "Hey lovebirds! Come on!"
Why would they say that?!
We laugh and run over to them.

We go over our plan.

... later ...

The Cornucopia begins spinning around like crazy.

I quickly grab onto part of the rock and grab Katniss' hand. She holds on tight and I try to pull her up to me.

She yells "I can't do it! I can't hold on!"
I yell back "Don't you dare!"
In her eyes, I can see the defeat.

Nooooo...

I yell "You can always count on me."

She starts to slip, so instead of letting her let go
just by herself, I let go as well.

She can count on me. I won't let her down.

I wrap my arms around her like a little shell and we slide down the rock. My body hits several rocks and I feel them jab into my side. We then fly into the water.

The water current rushes past us and we sink lower. I feel so weak. I can barely keep my eyes open. Ow.

Everything slows down and Katniss starts pulling us to the surface.

We break through and we both gasp in the air!
Johanna and Finnick reach out their hands to help us up.

We stand on the Cornucopia and devise our next plan.

We begin a trek through the forest to the big tree.
Katniss leans over to me while we walk and exclaims "Thank you for earlier."
I reply "Of course."
She replies "You're really nice for being from District 1."
I've heard that comment quite a bit.
I reply "Way to diss where I lived! Ha, kidding I don't care. I love the place and maybe 3 people. Those three are nice."
She replies "So few. There are some pretty nice people in 12."
Wait?!! Is she flirting?!! Are we ?!? Wait?!
I ask "Is that an invite?"
She answers "If we survive this, yes."
I look over at her and she's smirking.

Johanna then turns to us and says "If we survive this, I'm going to tell you two how much I hated that conversation."
We both crack up laughing.

... 2 Years Later ...

I'm standing looking at a fountain that intrigues me while eating a piece of bread.
I know it seems so simple, but with everything that has happened, this is bringing me peace.
I really need hobbies.

I hear "Y/N! Come see! Come quick!"
I quickly turn and run to our house.
Inside, Katniss has a simple meal with beautiful table decor set up.
I exclaim "This looks amazing, babe. What's it for?"
Katniss answers "I was just remembering I invited you to District 12 and look at where we are now. We've been together for almost 2 years and we live together in 12. I wanted a tray to remember that, so I cooked."
I reply "You can always count on me, love."
She smiles and says "You can count on me too."

.........................................................................

THANKS FOR READING!!!

:-)