(Outer Banks) Rafe Cameron: Country Club

Set after Episode 3 of Outer Banks ~ specifically because when Rafe beat up Pope will be brought up ~

Background about Y/N:
Y/N is a Pogue who is friends with John B, JJ, Kie, and Pope.
She is Rafe's age.
She is also friends with Sarah despite Kie's disapproval.

TW: Mild swearing and mentions of sexual harassment

Y/N's POV

I've been working at the Kook's country club for 1 month and I have yet to see any of the Kooks who I dislike. I did see Sarah Cameron, but I'm friends with her. I also saw Wheezie with her, and she was chill. She drank a Shirley Temple at the bar and we talked.

Yesterday, Pope came over to my house with JJ in tow. Pope needed a place to clean his face as long as no questions were asked. I didn't say anything, but Pope launched into the story of what happened. Apparently I'm a great listener. I told him I would not tell anyone about it. I won't. I would never do that to a friend.

Today, I work serving drinks to our guests playing golf outdoors.

It's supposed to be a really hot day today. I do not look forward to that. My manager is making every girl wear a short tennis skirt. I'm confident about my body, but I don't want to hear what men have to say especially ones that can get away with anything. I'll be careful. My manager has been giving me and every other girl dirty looks all day. I want to leave. I feel so uncomfortable.

I'm sent off and I'm constantly running outside then inside.

By lunch, I scarf my food down and check back in with my manager. He looks me up and down before deciding that next year, the skirts and shirts will be shorter. Oh gosh! I am quitting after this summer. I will not put up with his attitude that long.

I leave his office and head off to continue my work. I take over for Samantha who has to leave.

As I approach hole 2, I see who it is.
Oh sh**! These a-holes are here today! 
I should really give them a piece of my mind, but will I? Nope because I promised Pope.

I slowly walk up and exclaim "Hi! Would any of you gentlemen care for refreshments?"
Topper, Rafe, and Kelce all turn around.
They all look at me up and down before Rafe says "You don't belong here."
I reply "I work here. I do belong here."
Rafe replies "Prove it."
Y/N replies "Ask my boss. Call Mr. Smith over here right now and ask."
I would rather not interact with my boss, but if I can get these guys off my back, I will.
Rafe exclaims "Fine I will."
He yells "Hey Sir... does she work here?"
My boss, Mr. Smith, exclaims "Yes sir she does. Is she not doing her job well enough?"
Rafe shrugs.
Mr. Smith moves closer to me and tries to put his arm on my waist. I snap out of his grasp and move away. I exclaim "Stop."
Mr. Smith says "You can wear a smaller skirt. I'm sure these gentlemen would like that a lot better. It might even make your work go by faster."
Rafe replies "I'd actually prefer if you left, sir. I don't like how you're talking or acting. I was taught to respect women not humiliate them."
What?! Uhhhhh....
Mr. Smith clenches his fist.
I exclaim "Careful there, Mr. Smith. Their daddies know lawyers and you wouldn't want to be sued for hurting their precious babies, now would you?"
I know I pushed my luck with him, but also I have Rafe on my side so :/
Mr. Smith answers "You're fired."
I reply "Good. I didn't want to be here anyway with a perverted boss who has nothing to do with his life, so he chooses to play with teenagers."
He takes a step towards me and I exclaim "Careful sir, I know where our security camera footage is backed up in the cloud. It may have an encryption code on it, but I've taken a few classes."

Mr. Smith glares at me then storms off.

I look at Topper, Rafe, and Kelce.
I exclaim "Thanks for the help, Rafe. Now I am going home. Bye."
Topper asks "What about our drinks?"
Rafe slaps him in the arm.
I smirk and answer "I'll grab them when I get my bag. Give me a few minutes."

I head off and successfully grab my bag.

When I leave the employee area, I see Rafe lurking around.
I exclaim "Wow you're that thirsty."
Rafe half smiles and replies "No. I just saw Mr. Smith headed inside and I wanted to make sure he didn't lay a hand on you."
Why is Rafe being nice? I'm confused.
I reply "Oh he didn't. Thanks. Now to get drinks, we go!"
He looks like he wants to say something, but instead he nods at me.

I stop by the bar and grab 4 beers.
I know I'm underage, but who cares?
I quit already.

I also grab a bag of friends that Samantha left for me at the bar.
I hand two beers to Rafe and I carry the other two.

We head outside.
I hand a beer to Kelce then I say "Good luck boys. May you only get birdies. On hole 12, hit towards the rock and it should easily bounce off causing the ball to roll in with one hit."
They all thank me.

I head off and start walking to the boat.

As I'm walking, I hear someone yelling my name. I turn around and see Rafe.
What?! Huh?!
I stop walking.
I do the trick where you pop your drink open with your knee.

((Video on next page))

Rafe exclaims "Damn I need to learn to do that. It would be good for a party."
I half smile and ask "What's up?"
He answers "I feel like sh** for hurting your friends and you forever. It has gotten out of hand recently I know. I just wanted to apologize I guess. Listen, I ... I do not actually hate you or your friends. I am just envious of you."
I tilt my head to the side confused and ask "Why?"
He answers "You're all loyal friends who would do anything for each other. You all seem to genuinely care about each other. It's rare to find that among Kooks."
I reply "Your sisters are both really kind."
He replies "Yeah they are. I should apologize to them as well for being a di**!"
I smirk and say "Yeah you should. Talk to my friends too. They might not accept it, but hey it would be a start to mend everything."
He asks "Do you accept the apology?"
I answer "I will accept it, but I won't ever forget what you've done."
He sighs and replies "Ok. Yeah that seems about right.... you can go now. I'm glad you're safe."
He seems disappointed that I didn't immediately want to be his friend or something. Why does he care about me or my thoughts?!
I answer "Yeah I'm gonna head home. But on a real note, thanks for everything today. I needed to quit, but I didn't have it in me to do so until now. I needed to get out of this toxic environment."
He replies "Yeah of course. No one should ever have to experience that."
I nod.

I then decide to head home.
Today has been a long day.
.........................................................................
THANKS FOR READING!!!

Don't stay in a toxic environment or relationship!!

Part Two to come!