(Harry Potter) Draco Malfoy x Harry Potter - Modern AU

Loosely based off of the tweet attached :)

** I don't own these characters**

5th Year - Draco's POV

I lay down on my bed and open the book, Magical Drafts & Potions. I read a few paragraphs then throw it to the other side of the bed.

Blaise Zabini looks over and I ask "Why do I not want to study today?"
Blaise answers "Probably because Harry started dating Cho officially today."
I glare at him and sigh. I reply "That girl is no good for him. He'll get hurt."
Blaise replies "You're only looking out for him right? You don't want to actually date him."
I laugh and reply "Yeah I wish."
Blaise jumps off his bed and says "Get your shoes and come with me. We're taking a trip to the lake."
I ask "Why?"
Blaise answers "A fun idea I just had."

I grab my shoes and my wand. I follow Blaise out of the castle and down to the lakefront.

Blaise takes a speaker out and says "Now we can dance to a song from the Muggle world that depicts your situation, You Belong With Me by: Taylor Swift."
I laugh at him and he bows.
The song starts and Blaise starts singing. He then starts dancing. I laugh and then decide why not join? So I do and we have fun!

A month later...

I can't sleep.
Geez I wonder why. Jk I have a lot on my mind from Harry & Cho still being together to having Dolores Umbridge at Hogwarts to all my studies. I need to clear my mind. So what do I do? Well I walk.

I walk to the lakefront and cast Lumos. I hold my wand up and just look out at the lake.

I hear "I didn't expect anyone else to be here."
I jump and turn to see Harry standing there.
I reply "Couldn't sleep. You?"
He answers "Same."
He sits next to me and we sit in silence for quite a bit.

I ask "Want to talk about it?"
Harry answers "Life is stressful from classes to socializing to getting sleep."
I nod and reply "I feel that."
He smirks and we go back to sitting in silence.
I know I could push for more and you know maybe he would talk, but I don't want to push it.

I start to feel tired so I say "I'm heading back in. I'm getting tired now. Sleep well Harry."
He replies "Same to you Draco."
I walk off and back to my room.

A month later...

For the past month, I've been super edgy. A lot keeps getting thrown at me and it's really testing my patience. A lot of other students have told me that this is the most civil I've been in years though. I have no idea how to feel about that. Not to mention, Harry seems to always be staring at me. I don't know why. I've been trying to move on from him and Blaise says it's a good idea. I trust him.

I grab a Granny Smith apple and head to the forest.
I need to practice for Charms in private and don't need to be bothered. Hopefully I will be fine.

I make it to a clearing and sit on the ground.
I open my Charms book and start practicing.

After practicing for a bit, I feel like someone's watching me. I turn around with my wand raised.
I see Harry standing there leaning against a tree.
I snap "What are you doing Potter? Staring at me like some kind of creep?"
He rolls his eyes and walks a little bit closer.
He says "Come now Draco, let's not go back to being hateful towards each other. I merely was enjoying my afternoon off."
Enjoying his afternoon off my a**!?!?
I ask "How would you rather us act towards each other huh?"
He walks even closer and answers "Honestly a couple."
What is going on?!!!? Is this a joke? I know I've been waiting for this day, but you know it doesn't feel real.
I ask "Are you joking? Is this some kind of prank between you, Weasley, and Granger? I know you are the golden trio and think you can get away with anything, but you don't need to play with other people's feelings to prove it."
He puts his arms up defensively and answers "Draco, stop. Stop acting so mean. I truly meant it seriously. You & I, we... we have this love hate relationship. It's been mainly us snapping at each other for almost 5 years, but I feel like we both genuinely care about each other. Or maybe I'm a total idiot and misread the time we were both at the lake."
I sigh and reply "You didn't misread the situation. Potter, I... I've waited so long for you to want to date me. That's why I seem so weird about it all. I do have to ask, what is happening with Cho?"
He takes his hands down and says "She's a cheat and a snitch. I don't trust her anymore. We are no longer on speaking terms. Does that clear that up?"
I nod.
He then puts his arms around my neck and I ask "You know we are in public and it's daytime right Potter?"
He laughs and answers "Shut up and just kiss me."
I wrap my arms around his waist and I kiss him.

...................................................................................
THANKS FOR READING!!
Thanks for all the love on this book so far :)