"What—"

"Do not answer that door," she ordered as she stepped in front of me, the knife shining from the light in the living room.

My fists clenched as they got closer. We both stood in silence as the porch creaked and the individuals came right to the front door. They were vampires; old ones at that. I could feel the air tense around us. Almost how I felt when I saw Claire and Adelaide for the first time. Which in fact, I'm sure it was her sister outside. 

"Sister, you know a door will not stop me," I heard Claire drawl. 

Speaking of the devil.

Adelaide hissed under her breath. 

The front door flung wide open on its own, only to reveal Claire who did not look pleased.

A man was beside her, he eyed me with surprise then looked at Adelaide. They were drenched from head to toe, the pouring rain outside didn't seem to bother them one bit.

"So, this is what you have been doing these past few months," he said to Adelaide.

"Who the hell are you?" I remarked.

The man glared at me. "Her father." 

Oh, joy.

He set his attention back to Adelaide. "You need to come with us."

"Like hell she is," I snarled, pulling Adelaide behind me. "Get the fuck off my porch."

Claire hissed, taking a step forward but her father grabbed her by the arm and restrained her. Claire glared at him, then ripped her arm from his grasp. "Sister there is nothing you can do to stop this. Besides, it's only temporary."

Adelaide sped in front of the doorway in a flash then spat, "It is wrong Claire!"

"It is a necessary sacrifice," Claire reasoned, "One we and our coven must make to protect us all."

"I will not do it," Adelaide snarled, "You can do it and have blood on your hand's sister. I know every single evil thing that goes through that sickening mind of yours."

"My daughter, we have already linked you and Claire," her father said solemnly. 

I could hear Adelaide gasp in disbelief. She just let the knife drop to the floor in defeat.

What the hell is going on?

I looked to Adelaide who gazed at me with that same sadness that she had four months ago. 

"Adelaide, what is it?" I coaxed. 

But she didn't even reply, she just walked past me and went upstairs. I stared after her dumbfounded then turned to her fucked up family. 

"What the fuck did you do to her!" I yelled. 

"Stay out of this if you know what is good for you boy," Claire hissed. She turned to her father, "We need to go, Adelaide will come soon."

"Just fucking tell me what you did!" I shouted. 

I picked the knife up then sped out the doorway and pinned Claire to the wall, the knife pointed right against her chest.

I saw her father in the corner of my eye lurch for me, but Claire pushed me off her roughly and then ripped the knife from me. She chucked it somewhere off into the yard. 

Claire held up her hand to her father. "Do not mind him," then said to me, "I admire your valiant effort to protect my sister, but there is nothing you can do."

What was with this bitch?

"Claire, take the car and go on ahead, I will catch up with you shortly," their father interjected.