The reason

A few minutes after leaving the centre, Savannah stopped walking and looked at Lilah.
"Baby I need to talk to you." She said.

Lilah stopped walking and looked at her mother. "What's wrong?"

Savannah took a deep breath, she was really struggling. "I've been in that room since this all began, I haven't been exposed to the virus." She stated.

"But you have now and you're okay, you're fine mom, don't worry!" Lilah said with a smile and handed her mother a bottle of water.

Savannah nodded and took a sip of the drink and kept walking with the group. She didn't feel right but she didn't want to worry the children.

"I'm so glad I didn't go to school." Quinn said as she walked along.

"I'm glad I missed the vaccinations." Leather added. "Could you imagine if we had to porbell injection. We would both be.. be—"

But Aubree cut him off "don't even think about it. You guys got lucky and we are lucky to have you here with us." She smiled.

Aubree was right, whatever the reason was for Quinn and Leather still being around the group were just lucky to have them, they wouldn't have survived this long without their help.

Savannah looked down the streets as they walked. It was unlike anything she had ever seen before, she didn't know what she was expecting to see but this was not it.

Adult bodies laid rotting on the floor, there was rubbish all over the streets and shop windows were smashed; the whole place looked abandoned.

"Wow, it really is the end of the world out here." She said with a frown. She had been sheltered from it all for so long.

"It's going to be okay savannah, we're going to fix this. Your daughter is amazing." Bruce said with a smile. He could see Savannah wasn't right.

Bruce walked ahead with Aubree. "We need to talk.." he said quietly.

"What's up?" Aubree asked concern in her voice.

"Savannah looks like she's... she's changing Aubs." Bruce said as he looked back at Savannah.

Aubree loooked back too, Savannah had gone very pale, her breathing was laboured and her eyes were going red around them.

"I.. don't think she's going to be okay." Aubree said sadly.

"She's been locked away and kept safe since this happened; this is the first time she's been in contact with the virus and with fresh air since this started. I think it's going to get her.." Bruce frowned.

Leather who over heard the conversation looked at Savannah, he saw exactly what they meant.

"Right guys we need to to find somewhere to sleep for the night." He said to the group trying to act casual.

Quinn looked confused. "We still have hours it's fine." She said with a smile.

"Look at her." Leather whispered to Quinn, Quinn looked at Savannah and her face dropped.

"Actually we really do need to stop and have something to eat." She quickly changed her tune.

Sasha and Lilah weren't happy to be stopping so soon, they just wanted to get back to Miami  and see their families. Lilah wanted her mom to see how big Perri was getting and how well looked after she had been since the virus outbreak.

Lexi saw a house in the distance and pointed it out. "How about here?" she asked.

Quinn nodded. "Can you, Leather and Bruce go and make sure it's safe please?" She asked Lexi. Lexi and the boys headed to the house to check it out.