Reunited

The group were about to leave empty handed. They had no answers.

Lilah stormed off back down the stairs. She didn't want to be there anymore. She just wanted to go home and be with Perri, her mother had sent her in a wild goose chase and for what? They still didn't know how to get the adults back.

"Lilah wait up!" Sasha shouted as she followed her down.

"I just want to go home Sash, I'm done." Lilah said, she was exasperated.

"I just don't understand. There must be something here for us, there's got to be Lilah. Your mom said..." Sasha began but Lilah cut her off.

"My mom didn't say anything. She didn't tell me anything. She just sent us on this random mission and for what? She never even spoke to me when she was still alive. She never told me what was going on. It's pointless."

Lilah headed to the room she had slept in and grabbed her bag. Savannah's journal fell out of it and landed face down, opened on a page. Lilah picked it up.
'Perri's Poem' was write at the top of the page.

Lilahs eyes flew to Sasha's direction "oh my gosh that's it!! Does this place have a basement?" She shouted.

Sasha shrugged and ran to find the others and see if they're was a basement anywhere. Lilah just looked at the poem and smiled. She knew it off by heart, Perri listened to her mom say it every night up until the world had ended.

"Don't cry, don't pout, the basement is the safe way out." Lilah said to herself as she ran after Sasha.

In the reception area Quinn was looking at the map on the wall. "There's no basement..." she looked at Lilah.

Lilah frowned. "There's got to be something. Look again."

Lexi looked at the map and pointed to a section.
"What about quarantine?"

Leather smirked. "You genius. That could be it!"

The group ran towards the quarantine room, and Lilah stood and looked at the door.

It was a huge white door with a pin code on, it was an airtight room. Lilah began to sigh perris poem.
"Don't cry, don't pout, the basement is the safe way out.
Type 186, then Cross the sticks, look at all the pretty pics
There's a chair and a table, if your able, pull the chair back to the wall.
Jump ontop and flick the lock, be very careful you don't fall.
When you see the bright white light,
Turn the lever point it right.
There's lots to do, it's safe down there.
Don't forget to return the chair.
Walk the chamber in the dark, the ceiling lets off a bright spark.
At the door the dial points down, turn it up and don't you frown.
When you get inside the room, don't shut the door or you will meet your doom.
Mommy's happy baby girl, you are going to save the world."

The whole group watched her and listened to the words then Quinn looked at the door.

"Type 186 the cross the sticks.." she repeated the song and input the code. Then she reached up and crossed the sticks over, air hissed out of the door and it slowly opened.

"There's a chair and table.." Leather pointed out, unaware he was reciting the song.

"Pull the chair back to the wall!" Sasha shouted out remembering the next part of the song.

Bruce walked over and pulled the chair backwards until it was touching the wall. "What next?" He looked at Lilah.

"Jump ontop and flick the lock." Lilah instructed him. Bruce did as he was told.

"Be careful you don't fall." Aubree looked at Bruce. He nodded and flicked the lock.

"There's a bright light on there." Quinn pointed to the other side of the room. "What now Lilah?"

"When you see a bright white light, turn the lever point it right." Lilah said the poem.

Quinn saw the lever on the wall under the light. She pulled the lever hard until it was aiming right.

Nothing happened. "What did we do wrong?" Lexi asked with a sigh.

"Don't forget to return the chair!" Sasha shouted out. "Bruce, get down and put the chair back!"

Bruce got down and places the chair back, then the door by the lever creaked open. The group hesitated before walking inside.

The ceiling began to let off little white sparks as the group walked through the chamber.

"Walk the chamber in the dark, the ceiling lets off a bright spark.." Lilah said as she slowly and cautiously walked the chamber, this didn't know what to expect and were all nervous.

"Okay what happens after that??" Quinn asked her, she was suddenly feeling very scared.

"At the door the dial points down, turn it up and don't you frown." Lilah frowned and looked at Leather.

"Ah.. don't frown." Leather said with a slight smile.

Leather took the lead and headed to the door grabbing the dial, he slowly turned it from the down position to the up position and yet another door creaked open.

The group all looked at one another and slowly headed inside.

"When you get inside the room, don't shut the door or you will meet your doom!" Lilah said quickly.

Aubree grabbed the door and stopped it from closing. "That was close. We could have been trapped in here forever.."

They looked around the room, it was big, we lit with a kettle on the counter and a table in the corner.
On the table were patient files and plans all laid out; the effects of the Porbell injection and the after effects on the patients were written down on the notes.

Further across the room was another door to a chamber, Lilah walked over and looked inside the window of the door.

"There's someone down here!" Lilah shouted as she saw the shape of a body in the bed. She didn't know if it was a human or a mumbler, or if it was dead or alive.

Quinn grabbed her pistol and headed inside the room. "If it's smells really bad we know the person is dead and let's be honest. It's been ages.. so that's highly likely."

As Quinn headed into the room the woman in the bed sat up and looked at the group, she rubbed her eyes as she had just woke up and blinked a few times looking very confused then she turned her attention to Lilah and said.

"Mommy's happy baby girl, you are going to save the world..." she had tears in her eyes.