What Lilah Wants

After the game of spin the bottle last night Aleah decided she would do the food run. She needed to get away from everyone and just wanted a break.

Lilah wanted to go with her, I suppose she wanted to clear her head after what had happened with Jack, she missed him immeasurably.

On the way to usual Walmart store, Aleah and Lilah were walking around looking for supplies when they bumped into a large group of people at least 20 of them, all stood around a building.

The family were all very weary of new people since meeting Quinn, Leather and Aleah they knew it wasn't always good.

Lilah walked straight over and introduced herself. "hi, I'm Lilah, I'm from a group across the street." She said directly to A tall women.
Well not really women she looked about 16 years of age, very pretty with a hippie vibe to her.

"Im Kesha, I'm the mother of my group, This is my boyfriend John-Paul" she said looking across to a hippie type male. "that's Freddie and this is David." She pointed out the biggest guys.

Lilah wasn't phased. "Well it's very nice to meet every single one of you." She grinned.

Aleah frowned and grabbed Lilah. "no it's not. Let's go."

"Aleah don't be rude." Lilah looked shocked and pulled away.

Aleah rolled her eyes. "they're gonna drag you off into some cult and I'm gonna have to be the one to bail you out. "

Kesha looked shocked but this accusation. "oh no not at all. We're all friends here."

Aleah laughed "that's what a cult leader WOULD say. I'm not dealing with this."
She turned to walk away. "Are you coming." She called back to Lilah.

Lilah shook her head and walked off with the group.
Wonderful.

Aleah went back to the house and told the group what had happened. Leather sighed. "Guess I better go get her."

Quinn mocked him "oh babes get real, you wouldn't have a clue where to start. I'll get her." She grabbed her baseball bat and grinned.

Leather watched Quinn "feeling bad because you shot her brother?" He said spitefully.

Quinn was angry at that comment. "feeling bad because you're the reason Jack is dead?" She replied angrily.

Leather was not having that. "I WAS TRYING TO SAVE YOU! So that's on you again." He said coldly.

"And I was trying to save everyone remember." Quinn gave him the middle finger and headed off after Aleah to find Lilah.

"I still don't like you babes so don't talk to me." She said to Aleah.

Aleah just grinned. "I wasn't talking to you love. You started the conversation."

Quinn rolled her eyes and didn't answer, she knew Aleah was right.
They walked for a good 20 minutes in silence.

"So who gets themselves knocked up during the end of the world anyway?" Quinn said with a laugh.

"Because I did it on purpose, and I thought you would know you don't get yourself pregnant." Aleah rolled her eyes and kept walking.

"Oh I don't doubt you did, and shut the fuck up." Quinn mumbled under her breath as she followed.

Eventually they got to the building Lilah had wondered into.
Quinn of course, being the hot head she is, kicked the doors wide open and held up her bat. "Who wants to get their brains beat in first huh?" She shouted.

"I think I'll go with—" she stopped in her tracks as she looked around the room.

There were toddlers in a playpen in the corner, cots lined up with sleeping babies in them, High chairs against the back wall and a group of 4-8 year olds sat at a desk with note pads.

This group were taking care of the babies and young children, Quinn didn't know what to say.

"Hi I'm Kesha, I'm in charge here." Kesha introduced herself as she walked over to Quinn.

"Were is Lilah." Quinn demanded.

Kesha pointed across the the kitchen, Quinn walked through the building like she owned the place, Aleah stayed by the door in case they needed an exit strategy.

Once in the kitchen Quinn looked at Lilah who was sat at the table filling out paperwork.

She grabbed a chair and turned it backwards before sitting on it like a dude and looking at Lilah. "What you doing?" She asked in a song songy tone.

"I'm filling in Perri's details." Lilah said quietly as she looked up at Quinn.

"Babes come on, this place looks like a baby paradise but you can't leave your baby sister here!" Quinn was shocked by the idea.

"I'm not leaving Perri here." Lilah replied, she couldn't believe Quinn would think she would leave Perri.
"I'm going to live here with her. I've already lost Jack. I can't lose her too."

Quinn sighed and shook her head "yeah like fuck you are Lilah." She really did have a soft spot for baby Perri and didn't want them to leave.

"Please Quinn.." Lilah said "I need to do this."

Aleah shouted Quinn and Quinn went to the doors. "What Aleah!" She shouted back angrily.

"We need to get home the others will worry." Aleah frowned.

Quinn knew she was right So they headed back home.. without Lilah, Quinn tried of course but Lilah was having none of it.

Aubree and Lexi were at the door talking when Quinn and Aleah got home.
"Lilah isn't coming back. And I'm not giving her Perri." Quinn said in a mood as she stormed into the house.

"Wait.. what?" Lexi asked.

Aleah explained about the baby facility, they went into the house and called a house meeting where Aleah told all the members about the little paradise they had found.

There was a nursery area, a school area, sleeping dens and everything a baby or small child would need, the group agreed to take a look at it and that it might be the best place for baby Perri.

Once the meeting was over and the group had all gone to sort Perri out, Leather looked at Lexi. "I don't want to over step a line here but.."

Lexi knew where this was going. "But what."

"Well, we need to think about Esmee, Rosily and Kate too.." Leather waited for the argument.

"I agree.. we can't kept them safe when we don't have a safe place to live. I'll pack their things and we can check it out." Lexi decided they would just take a look.

Aubree walked into the room as they were talking and went crazy. "You can't just send them away! A child is too much hard work so you give up on it?! You two are the most horrible people!!" She shouted.

Lexi tried to calm her best friend down. "Look I'm not saying they have to go, but look at what happened to Jack.. we can't take care of these kids alone Aub.. what if that was Rosily?"

Aubree sighed and wiped her tears. "We can look into it. But I know they will end up staying with us."

The three of them agreed to pack a small bag for Kate, Esmee and Rosily just in case they decided to leave them behind.

Once everyone was ready, they put baby Perri in her pram and headed out together on their walk, they wouldn't be coming back to this little house.

It wasn't secure enough, they would have to set off on their travels and look for yet another place to say.