His Proposal - 16

Start from the beginning

She walks over to Irina. "You're very beautiful. I'm glad that Riker found you. I just wish that he would move on from the things his father drilled into his."

Irina looks at the ground and not into her eyes.

Amara lifts her head. "You don't need to do that with me. I'm family." She drops her hand from Irina's face. "Besides, a woman that stands beside the head of the family needs to show people that she's not afraid of things to come. I know you're not afraid of me, Irina. It's just a respect thing that you're boyfriend taught you and I'm pleased that he did that."

Riley walks over to Eliana and she whispers something to her sister. The sister's start laughing.

Amara turns her attention to her other cousin. "Riley, I'm glad you decided to come on this trip too. I know you've been told terrible things about my family and me, but they're not true." She takes a step back. "He's the one responsible for my family's downfall, but at least our empire isn't crumbling like the Mesi's."

That's a cruel thing to say. Though it shouldn't be surprising to me, since they're family treats her badly.

My phone goes off and I pull it out of my pocket to see a message from Chloe.

She beat me to messaging her today.

Opening the message, I read it.

Chloe: Did you get to Miami safely?

Me: Yeah, I'm just meeting the host now. I'll talk to you when I go to my room.

Chloe: Okay, I'll hear from you then.

Amara looks at me. "Was that you're girlfriend?"

"I don't have a girlfriend. I'm just talking to one of my employees."

Riley moves over to me. "Are you still speaking to that Chloe girl?"

"Yes, I am." I slip my phone into my pocket. "She's a great girl and I like talking to her a lot. Is there a crime against messaging a beautiful woman?"

Amara walks over to the stairs and she sits down. "Why is it that all the great guys are taken? When am I going to have a break and meet someone of my mine?"

Walking over to her I take a seat. I place my hand on her shoulder. "You'll find him, Amara. He'll have to be a strong guy that can be accustomed to the way you live. You're the head of the Marino Family. The guy needs to know how to handle himself and he can't be weak."

She looks at me. "You're everything I need, but the way you talk about the woman from Los Angeles I know she's the one that you want to be with. When you get home ask her out for a coffee and get to know her."

"I will, Amara." I stand up and hold my hand out for her to take. "Can you show me to my room? I need to have a rest from all the driving I've done."

"Sure," she places her hand in mine and I help her stand. "How long are you staying, Jai?"

"I'll be here for the night. Is that alright?"

"That's perfect. Are you taking the car with you?"

"No, I was going to get an Uber to the airport."

She shakes her head. "My guests aren't going to take an Uber to the airport. I'll arrange a ride for you." she leads the way into the house and the girls follow us inside. Amara takes me to my room first. "This is yours."

"Thanks, Miss Marino."

"Just call me Amara. I really don't like this formality from family." she walks away with the girls and I close my door. Walking over to the king-sized bed I lie on it. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I Facetime with Chloe.

Chloe: Hey, Jai. Why are you calling?

Me: Hey, I just wanted to see you're beautiful face. I'll be home earlier than expected and I can't wait to be caught up on everything that's happened while I was away.

Chloe: Can you give me a minute, Jai.

She puts the phone down and I slightly hear the conversation on the other side. "Yes, that's fine. I just need to organise some time off work, but I'm sure that won't be a problem." Chloe picks up the phone and she looks at me.

Chloe: Jai, I need to take a night off from work. There's been an emergency and I can't get anyone else to do it for me.

Me: That's fine, Chloe. Take the night off and I'll call someone to cover for you.

Chloe: Thanks.

Chloe and I go quiet for a moment and it's a comfortable silence between us. I smile at her.

Me: I'll see you tomorrow.

Chloe: Bye,

I put my phone on the nightstand before I fall asleep.