His Proposal - 51

Pulling my car into the parking lot of the High School. I pick up the bag from the passenger seat and step out. I walk into the office and the lady behind the window is the same one that worked here when I was at this school. "Hello, Mary."

She looks at me and a smile spreads across her face."Chloe?"

"Yes,"

She rises and walks out of her office. She hugs me. "It's been such a long time."

"It has. How have you been?"

"Great, my daughter just had her first child. So, I have been spending time with her and my Grandson. I love being a grandma."

I wish my parents were here for when that time comes for me.

She steps away from me. "What can I do for you today?"

"I'm here to see my brother. Nate is presenting his assignment in class today and he wanted me here for it."

"I will get Mr Jones for you. He wanted to see you before you went to the hall. She walks over to the door behind me and she knocks.

The door opens and I see a guy that looks no older than thirty standing there. He has black hair and green eyes, tanned skin, a chiselled jawline. He looks at me. "You must be Miss Knight."

"Yes, I am. I didn't know you were young."

He throws his head back and laughs. "I'm not that young. It's a compliment to hear that from a beautiful woman." He steps aside. "Come in."

Stepping into the room, he begins to close the door. "Could you leave the door open, please?"

I don't want to be left alone with this guy in the office. I don't trust his intentions of being with me in here.

Mr Jones opens the door wider and moves over to the chair next to mine. "I had a few phone calls from some parents of the guys from the football team and they like what you're doing today. They asked if they could watch and I gave them permission to see it happen." He looks at the door. "Where is your sister?" He moves his chair closer to me.

"She's not here. She will be watching the whole thing from home." I rise.

I don't want to be left in the same room as him anymore.

"I don't want to keep Nate and his team waiting." I walk to the door and crash into a hard body. I feel muscles through the t-shirt and I look up and see the brown eyes of my boyfriend.

Jai smiles. "Hey, baby." He looks at the door I just walked out of. His face hardens when he sees Mr Jones.

This isn't going to be good.

He kisses my cheek. "I will meet you in the hall. I have to do something first." He walks into the principal's office.

I don't want to be here when Jai does whatever it is he's going to do.

Walking out of the office I head straight to the hall.

When I get there I see Nate with his friends.

Nate looks up as I walk into the hall. He walks over to me. "Hey, sis." He hugs me.

The teacher clears his throat. "Everyone please take a seat today we have a group that is doing their assignment on leukaemia and they have decided to do something different with the assignment I assigned them. This is the first time that I have come across a group that has decided to take something like this in a new direction. Mr Knight and group, would you come up here?"

Pulling out my phone I call Aleysa through the Facebook App.

She picks up. "Hey, Chloe."

I smile. "How is everything going with Mr and Mrs Marshall?"