His Proposal - 79

Graphic by @Ethereal29

Nate walks into the kitchen where I am making a Full English Breakfast. He looks at me. "What's all this?"

I turn towards him.  "I'm making you a celebratory breakfast. My little brother is graduating from High School." I walk over to him and hug him. "Have you decided what school you're going to?"

He nods. "Yeah, I replied to them last night. They're looking forward to having me attend their school."

Stepping away from him, I say. "Are you going to tell me what school?"

"University of San Francisco."

A smile spreads across my face.  "I'm looking forward to seeing my little brother play for a new team."

Jai walks into the kitchen. "What's going on in here."

"I'm making breakfast for Nate. Has Nate told you what University he's going to?"

"Yeah," he smiles. "It was a great school. If it wasn't for that school I wouldn't have played pro ball." He looks at Nate. "I would however suggest that you study something else as well. Just in case you get injured. It's better to have a backup plan than nothing at all."

I walk back to the kitchen and serve breakfast. I put it on three separate plates and take the food over to the table.

Nate and Jai go for the pancakes, sausages, eggs and bacon bits.

Putting two pancakes on my plate I pour maple syrup on it. I cut into the pancakes and bring it to my mouth. I feel a bit of syrup fall down my face.

Jai swipes his finger across my face and he brings his finger up to his lip and licks off the syrup.

I look at Nate and he has a disgusted look on his face.

"Why do you two have to do things like that when I'm around." He puts his fork down. "I can't wait until I move to San Francisco so I don't have to see this all the time." He walks into the kitchen and pours himself a cup of milk. He walks back to the table and sits.

The front door opens and I hear voices.

Nate looks away from me. "I invited the boys to come over before we go to graduation.

There's still heaps of food on the table. I look at the boys. "Help yourself." I watch as the boys help themselves to the food."

Nate looks at Jai. "Can we still have the party here?"

I nod. "Sure, if you need anything call Jai. I will be spending some time with Aleysa. She would love for you to have fun tonight. If she was well enough she would join you."

Nate rises and walks over to me. He gives me a hug. "Thanks,"

Jai looks at the boys. "I'm going to have a small amount of alcohol delivered tonight. If your friends choose to drive they will have to leave their keys in a jar. I'm not going to let anyone drive home drunk. I will also be standing at the door making sure that keys are put in the bowl."

Nate shakes his head. "You're going to scare everyone away if you do that."

Jesse laughs. "He won't scare anyone. They would faint seeing that they are partying at Jai Marshall's place. Everyone knows who he is."