His Proposal - 77

There's a knock on the bedroom door and I open it to see Jai standing there in his suit. He smiles at me. "Are you ready to go?"

"Give me one second. I need to put my heels on." I walk over to my suitcase and pull out a pair of black heels. I put them on and walk back to the door.

Jai takes my hand and we walk to the limo.

Aleysa and Jai are inside the car nicely dressed.

Hugging my siblings, I say. "You two look adorable." I pull my phone out of my bag and take pictures of them. I give the phone to Jai. "Can you take picture of us?"

He takes a few pictures of us. "I love those photos."

Taking my phone from him I show the pictures to them.

"Can you send the picture to me?" Aleysa says.

I send the photo to her and then move over to Jai.

Jai wraps his arms around me and I lie my head on his shoulder. He holds my hand. He leans down and kisses my lips. I wrap my arms behind his neck and deepen the kiss.

"Can you wait until you get home to do this? I'm going to be sick." Nate says.

Pulling away from Jai, I look at Nate. "Next time I see you do that I'm going to embarrass you in front of your girl."

He laughs. "I don't have to worry about that. I don't intend to get a girlfriend any time soon. Football and going to University to play ball are the things that I'm going to concentrate on. Maybe, if I get recruited than I might consider having a girlfriend."

I lean forward. "You can hide from the idea of love, but when it shows up I hope you take it with both hands because there might not be another girl like her.

Jai leans forward. "She's right." He pulls me into his lap and kisses me again.

Nate groans.

This time Jai and I ignore him.

***

When the limo comes to stop in front of the restaurant Nate quickly climbs out and he walks towards the door.

Well, he couldn't get away from us quick enough.

Jai steps out of the limo first. He sticks his hand for me and I take it. He holds my hand as we walk towards the door.

Carter is there with his daughter. He smiles. "Hey, Cuz."

I look at him and then at Jai. "What's he doing here?"

"I invited him." He looks at me. "I hope that's alright."

A smile spreads across my face. "That's more than alright. Thank you for inviting my favourite cousin here." I step away from him. "Is there a special occasion?"

He shakes his head. "No, I thought..." he cuts himself off. "I just wanted to show you how much I love you."

I know how much he loves me. He shows me all the time. I am one of the luckiest women in the world to have a man like him.

Jai opens the door to the restaurant for me. He touches the pocket of his jacket and he cusses. He looks at Aleysa. "We need to talk." They walk away from us.

Aleysa touches his arm and she whispers something to him and he laughs.

I tell the waitress the name of our reservation and she looks in the book that's on the table in front of her. "Got you," she crosses the name out. "I will show you to the table."