His Proposal - 118

The Doctor walks into my room and he has a smile on his face. "Good morning, Chloe. I have some good news for you."

I sit up in the bed and smile. "I get to go home?"

"Yes, you do." He places the paperwork on the table. "I just spoke to Paige's Doctor and she said that Paige is also ready to go home."

Jai picks up our daughter and he says. "Are you ready to go home with Mommy and me? We're going to take you home in a car and then we'll put you in your bed. You have your own bedroom. We're you'll be sleeping."

"Thank you, Doctor." I go through the paperwork and I sign it. "Jai, can you take this to the nurse's station?"

"Sure," he takes the papers from me and he walks out with Paige.

I climb out of bed and walk over to the bathroom.

I'm scared to take Paige home. What if I drop her? What if I'm a bad Mom?

Everything was so much easier at the hospital. I may have had the nurses helping me out if I did something wrong, but now I won't have anyone.

Mom, I need you today.

I hold onto the sink as I let the tears fall down my face. I feel my chest start to tighten and it's hard for me to breath. I sit down on the ground.

There's a knock on the bathroom door, followed by a female saying. "Chloe, are you alright?" I recognise the voice of Veronica.

"Veronica,"

Veronica opens the door and walks in. She sees me on the floor and she pulls me into her arms. "Oh, Chloe." She soothes me by rocking back and forth. "Do you want me to stay with you for a week? Or until you get used to having Paige around?"

I nod. "Mom was supposed to be around for this. She was the one I was going to go to for help, but she's not here to help with her first Grandchild. I miss her, more now that I'm a mother myself."

Veronica kisses my forehead. "No one can take over the role of you're mother, but I would like to be the person you call upon if you need any help or if you're feeling overwhelmed."

Jai looks at his mother and me on the floor. "I changed Paige. She ready to go. We're waiting for you, Chloe."

I rise and walk out of the bathroom. I pack my stuff into the duffel bag and put it over my shoulder.

I'm ready to go home.

"Jai, Veronica is coming home with us. She'll be staying for a short time."

A smile spreads across his face. "You did the same with Charlotte."

"I did. Charlotte was scared for the first few days, so I thought I'd help out. We managed to put Jarryd on a feeding schedule and sleep schedule. It went well for him." She looks at Paige. "I'm not sure if that schedule will work for Paige. As she is small."

When Paige was born she weighed 4 pounds and the clothes that I bought here were too big. So, during the week Veronica came by with some clothes that her friends had knit for their granddaughters. When they found out about my daughter they started knitting smaller outfits for her. The dresses have been cute.

One of Veronica's friends ended up making eight jumpsuits. The colour of each jumpsuit varies. One is yellow, pink, lavender, red, white, orange, black and blue.

Today she's wearing the yellow one.

Jai has been a lot of help when it comes to Paige. He won't let me do much since I still have the stitches in from the c section that his mother gave me.

If it wasn't for her smart thinking my daughter wouldn't be here today.

A few people think that Veronica did a rash thing and they believed that Paige could have survived the trip to the hospital without the c section at the church.

Veronica asked them if they ever had a patient with Vasa Previa and they remained quiet. Which she took as they hadn't dealt with one before.

Jai takes the duffel bag from me and he puts it over his shoulder. "It's time for me to take my family home."

Nate and Teresa were supposed to be back on campus Monday afternoon, but they were worried about me. So, they stayed a few extra days. They called the Dean and told them what happened and he gave them a few days off. He told them that since they were at the top of their classes and they've never had a day off before that they won't be behind when they returned to school.

The Dean didn't know that they brought their books with them and they studied so they wouldn't have missed much when they went back to class.

Jai puts Paige into the baby booster and he buckles her up. He kisses her cheek. "Are you ready for your first car ride?"

I look into the back and see Paige fast asleep in her booster. She has a teddy bear next to her.

Veronica climbs into the back and she looks over at Paige. "She's so cute." She turns towards me. "She looks like you Chloe, but she has her Daddy's eyes."

Jai starts the car and he heads in the direction of the mansion.

***

At home, I lift Paige out of her car seat and head towards the house. She's still fast asleep.

I hope she sleeps a bit longer.

Jai opens the door for me and he follows me to Paige's room.

On the door is a sign that says "Paige's room." Next to the sign are three different pictures. One is with Jai and Paige, another with Paige and I. The last one is of Jai, Paige, Nate, Teresa and I. Under the third one is a small sign that says "Family."

I love the last picture and the sign says it all.

"The pictures are great. Did you do this?"

He shakes his head. "Nate and Teresa did. They said you'd like something like that."

"I will call them later." I enter the room and see that it's been painted lavender. There are pictures of the family on the wall. "Did they also do this room too?"

"Yes, this was another thing they didn't want you to worry about. They put all of Paige's things into a draw."

I'm lucky to have a brother like Nate.

I walk over to the cot. "Jai, can you put Paige in the bed." I place Paige into his arms and he puts her into the bed.

Jai wraps his arm around my waist and we watch our daughter sleep for a few minutes. He kisses my cheek. "I'm glad my family are home with me. It sucks that we're still not married. When do you want to try again?"

I look between him and our daughter. "I think we should wait until Paige is a little older. I want her to be in the wedding. It should be a family event."

***