His Proposal - 90

Book jacket by VictoriaKaer thank you for the graphic.

Jai and I walk into the restaurant hand in hand.

A waitress smiles. "Hi, I'm Laura. I will be your waitress this evening." She looks at us. "Are you after a table for two?"

"No, my brother will be joining us shortly." Just as I finished saying that Nate walks into the restaurant.

Laura shows us to the table and she flips her hair over her shoulder and she flirts with my brother.

I know nothing will happen between them.

Laura laughs at something that Nate said. She looks up as a group of people walk in. She gives us our menus. "I will be back shortly to take your orders." She walks over to the group.

Nate clears his throat. He looks at me as I slowly turn towards him. "Chloe, I want to apologise for my behaviour after our sister died. It was disrespectful of me to be hurt by your actions of The Proposal that was supposed to have been seen by Jai and yourself. The talk with the counsellor helped me realise that I took you for granted and when you left after the funeral I felt guilty for the way I treated you." He takes a sip of water. "Can you please forgive me?"

Rising I move over to my brother and hug him. "I forgive you. We, however, need to talk about what the papers and the stuff online mean."

"Okay,"

Pulling away from him I sit next to Jai. "Nate, when I first worked at Lusive I wanted to keep my distance from Jai. I didn't want anyone to help me out with my problems. I kept him at a distance, but one night I got a call that Aleysa was hurt and I couldn't drive to the hospital. I got Jai to drive me. After the kindness, he showed me I told him about Aleysa."

Nate places his hand on mine. "You don't need to explain it anymore."

"Yes, I do Nate. You need to understand what was going through my head at the time."

He sighs. "Okay,"

Jai squeezes my hand. "She eventually introduced me to Aleysa. I knew right away that Aleysa meant the world to Chloe and I wanted to lessen the stress on Chloe. So, I came up with a proposal where Aleysa gets the best care. In return, Chloe was supposed to be my fake girlfriend." He looks at me. "There's nothing that could have been faked between us. The more time I spent with your sister the more I realised that I was falling for her."

I lean over to him and kiss him. "I love you."

"Me, too." He pulls away from me.

Turning towards Nate, I say. "Everything between Jai and I is real. We never once faked anything we felt for each other. We told each other the truth and we still do. However, there's a group of girls that hated the idea that Jai was dating someone that wasn't them. They were the ones that stole the documents and give them to the press. You weren't supposed to find out about it. I'm sorry that you were hurt by it." Tears fall down my face and Jai pulls me onto his lap and I bury my face in his neck.

"Are you ready to order?" Laura asks.

"Yes," Jai replies. He gives her our orders and then Nate tells her his.

"Can I get you anything to drink while you wait for your meal?"

Jai looks at me before he orders a bottle of white wine for us.

Nate orders a coke since he's underage to drink with us.

"What do you want to do after dinner, Chloe?"