His Proposal - 75

At 5 pm, I am woken by Jai kissing me. "It's time to wake up beautiful. We're going on the River Siene tonight."

Opening my eyes I look at him. "I don't want to go."

The door to the bedroom opens Nate and Aleysa walk into the room. Aleysa climbs onto the bed with me. "Please, sis. I want to see the Eiffel Tower at night. It looks beautiful from all the clips I've seen on YouTube."

I look at her. "Are you going to tell me what's going on with Jai and you?" I whisper to her.

She shakes her head. "It's nothing bad, Chloe. Please, trust us." She looks at Jai. "You know he would never do anything to hurt you."

I know, but I'm the type of person that hates surprises.

Jai has never done anything to me for me to doubt him, but seeing the name 'Candy' is making me think that I don't know the man that I love and I really hate this feeling.

Looking at everyone, I say. "Get out. I need to get changed."

Aleysa, Nate and Jai walk out of the room.

Climbing out of bed I walk over to the closet and pull out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.  The door to the room opens and Jai walks into the room.

He kisses my shoulder. "I know you're jealous of 'Candy,' but you shouldn't be. She's just an owner of a store that I..."

I don't want him to ruin whatever it is he has planned. I need to distract him from spilling whatever it is he wants to keep from me.

I pull him toward me and place my lips on his. I wrap my arms behind his neck.

He deepens the kiss.

When we pull apart I am panting from the kiss.

Jai opens the door and we walk through it. "The limo will be waiting out front for us. The driver has some drinks for us in the fridge."

Aleysa smiles. "Can I have some champagne?"

She's never going to have it, so I don't see why I shouldn't give her a little bit.

I climb into the limo and sit next to Jai. Aleysa sits on the other side of me. I pour four glasses of champagne. I fill Nate and Aleysa's glasses a quarter of the way.

A smile spreads across Aleysa's face. "You're the best big sister in the world."

I laugh. "I'm glad you think so."

"How many kids around my age would be able to try something like this."

Looking at her. "Mom and Dad let me have a bit of there drinks while I was growing up. When I turned twenty-one drinking wasn't a big deal to me. It's just a milestone that you won't make it to."

She hugs me. "At least you're giving me the experience of alcohol before I go."

"Don't expect this all the time."

Aleysa looks at me. "What are we doing for my birthday tomorrow?"

Jai leans forward. "How about I take you to a fancy restaurant to celebrate."

"That would be great." She at Jai. "I thought your parents would be here to celebrate with us."

"They are. They're staying somewhere else. They thought that we should be together as a family tonight. Mom wants to take you shopping tomorrow."

Aleysa looks at me. "Can I go?"

"Sure," I take a sip of wine. "I'm going to come with you. I need to buy a new dress for when we go out tomorrow."