His Proposal - 115

4 months later

Last night Jai and I didn't stay together. He wanted to do the traditional thing of not seeing me until I was walking down the altar to him.

I'm woken by the baby kicking me. I place my hand on my stomach. "Mommy's awake. It's going to be a month until I get to see you. Daddy and I are looking forward to meeting you."

The baby kicks me again.

While I was busy talking with my baby I didn't notice Leila standing at the door.

A smile spreads across her face. "I've been doing that a lot lately too. Talking my baby." She walks over to the bed and sits next to me. "I found out the gender of my baby."

"What are you having?"

"We're having twins. A boy and a girl. The boy has been hiding his sister and today he moved and we were able to see our daughter." Her eyes begin to cloud over.

I'm happy for her.

I give her a hug. "You've got two for the price of one. One's going to look like you and the other will look like Ace."

"I hope so. I don't think I would be able to handle two Ace's. The original is enough." She rises. "Teresa sent me up here to tell you breakfast is ready."

"Tell her I will be down in a minute." I climb out of bed and walk to the bathroom. I brush my hair and put it in a bun before I walk downstairs.

My lower back starts to ache as I walk into the kitchen. "Do you have a heat pack, Leila?"

"Yes," she rises and walks over to the medicine cupboard. She pulls out three ice cream containers that are filled with different sorts of drugs.

I haven't seen that many medications before. Jai and I are the same age and we only have the basic stuff.

Leila puts the pack in the microwave and she walks back over to the table.

Teresa puts waffles on the table and we take three each. She smiles. "I'm glad that I made extra waffles for myself. I expected the two of you to go straight for them as you did at your house on New Years,"

The timer on the microwave goes off and Teresa walks over to it. She pulls the heat pack out and she brings it over to me. "Lean forward,"

I lean forward and she places the heat back on my lower back where the pain is. "Thanks, Teresa."

Teresa smiles. "You're welcome." She sits across from Leila and me. She eats her waffles.

***

At 1 pm, the limo pulls in front of the church. There's a group of people standing out front. I see Veronica amongst them and she approaches me.

Veronica gives me a hug. "I'm glad you're here. My son is standing in his room saying. She changes her voice to sound like Jai. "she's not going to show."

I laugh. "You sounded exactly like him."

I don't know where he would get the idea of me not showing up from. I'm carrying his child, I have a ring on my finger and I'm the happiest I've ever been.