His Proposal - 15

Jai's POV

I haven't been in the car that long with the girls and they are starting to get on my last nerve. They are listening to pop music and singing off-key. The last thing I want to do while driving is listening to their crap. I would love to listen to other things.

Riley faces me as she sings the chorus of Billy Ray Cyrus song 'Achy Breaky Heart.' She starts to strum her stomach like a guitar and the words become off pitched and loud.

Looking in the rearview mirror I see Eliana looking out the window. She hasn't said a word to me since I had a go at her and seeing her quiet isn't something I'm used to. She's normally a bubbly person that wants to joke around, but that guy changed her and not in a good. "Does anyone need a rest stop?"

"Yes," Irina says. "I really need to pee. I shouldn't have drunk all that water before we left the house." She looks over at Eliana. "Eli, do you need to go to the restroom?"

Eliana shakes her head. "I'm good, but I might get a bottle of water." She looks straight ahead. "How long until we get to Miami? I don't want to be in this car with you any longer, Jai?"

Looking at the dashboard I see that we've been travelling for three hours. "We have fifteen more hours together and then you can go off and do whatever you'd like, Eliana. Or I can find a bus station and you can catch a bus there."

Riley starts to laugh. "That's funny, Jai. She never climbs into a cab. Or rides the train. What makes you think she'll get on the bus?"

"I could always hope." Looking into the mirror I meet Eliana's glare. "When you come back to the car I hope your attitude has changed, Eli. I'm not going to drive all the way to Miami with you wanting to kill me because I'm not taking advantage of you like you want me to."

"Whatever, Jai." She pulls out her lipstick and starts applying it to her lips.

Swerving the car on purpose I see a line across her face from where the lipstick didn't connect with her lips and start laughing. "That's you're best look so far, Eli." Ahead of us I see a service station and pull over.

The girls get out of the car and head inside.

Filling up the car I pay for it on credit card and climb back into the car. I park in front of the shop. Pulling my phone out of my pocket I message Chloe.

Me: How do I keep women happy on a long drive?

Chloe: Lots of chocolate and pit stops. They're going to want to use a restroom and not the bush.

Me: It's going to take me forever to get to Miami then.

Chloe: Lol :P

Me: :-( you're being mean.

Chloe: I better get back to work. My boss would hate to know that I'm slacking on the job.

Me: No, he wouldn't. He would be happy with the amount of work you're doing.

She doesn't reply to me for a bit.

Climbing out of the car I walk into the service station and find the chocolate aisle. I buy all types of chocolate, some chips, a bottle of coke and some lollies for the long trip.

As I get closer to the counter I see pies and sausage rolls being cooked.

I'm going to get one of each.

I bag the pie and sausage roll. I walk over to the counter and pay for my things. I walk to the car and see the girls standing around it. "I got you some chocolate." I show them the types that I got.