His Proposal - 58

Jai's POV

Chloe looks at Ethan and Carter. "I'm going inside. I would invite you in, but I think that would be a bad idea." Chloe grabs my hand and pulls me into the house.

"Chloe," Carter says.

She shuts the door and we walk to the kitchen. She sits down and starts to eat. I sit next to her and start to eat breakfast with my family.

Mom looks at Chloe. "Who was at the door?"

Chloe looks at her siblings and then Mom. "My cousin."

Mom looks surprised for a moment and then says. "I didn't think you had any family left."

I thought the same until I saw Carter last night. They look alike with the brown hair and brown eyes.

"I didn't know about it until last night. My cousin has been following me around for a couple of weeks and decided to show himself. The more he reveals to me the more I wonder what happened to the boy that I grew up with. Cause the guy he is now is someone that I don't recognise."

Mom moves over to Chloe and she places her hand on her shoulder. "Everyone changes when they get older, but from what I've heard it wasn't easy for him to see his entire family killed before his eyes and he was the only one to survive."

"How do you know about that?"

"After you left I did some research on your siblings and you. Carter McCafferty popped up more than you. I took a different approach and I found pictures of you with Carter and that's when I knew you were related to him, but I didn't think he would approach you."

Aleysa looks at me. "Did Carter have to go somewhere?"

Chloe nods. "While I was out there talking to him he got a phone call and had to leave. You can send him a message and tell him to come back another day."

Aleysa pulls her phone out of her pocket she sends him a message.

There's a message tone from a phone in the backyard.

I thought he left.

"Did you know he was still here?"

Chloe shakes her head.

The windows in the kitchen get smashed and something flies through the window and lands on the ground. Some coloured smoke comes out of it.

Hitting the floor I look through the smoke for Chloe. I begin to move toward her and I stop when I hear her say. "Save Aleysa. I will be fine."

Covering my mouth with my t-shirt, I yell. "NO."

"GO!" She yells.

Crawling across the floor towards Aleysa. I see her lying on the ground coughing. I lift her up and carrying her to a secret passage. I put it in the house when I first moved here. Just in case this type of thing happened.

Aleysa looks at me. "Where are we going?"

"Someplace safe."

"Are you going to get Chloe and Nate?"

"Yes," I walk to through the passage that leads to the garage. "My brother will be waiting for you."