His Proposal - 69

Nate walks into the house with his friends and they walk into the kitchen where I'm sitting with Veronica, Ricky and Jai. He looks at me. "Hey, Chloe." He looks at the other people at the table and a smile spreads across his face as he sees Jai's parents. He hugs them. "It's good to see you both out of the hospital." He looks at us. "Are you all coming to the game tonight?"

Charlotte, Gerald and Xander walk into the kitchen and they look at my brother.

One of the guys says. "Damn, Nate. You have heaps of people to support you tonight."

Gerald puts his arm around Nate. "I wouldn't miss his game for the world." He looks at Jai. "I just might move to Los Angeles. I need to get my life together, just like you. I can't keep living the bachelor life." He looks at me. "Can I stay with you until I find a place?"

Jai shrugs and then he mouths. "It's up to you."

Nate crosses his arms. "Can he please stay?"

Aleysa walks into the kitchen at that moment and she says. "Who wants to stay?"

"Gerald,"

A smile spreads across her face. "I want him to stay." She walks over to me.

"You get to stay with us, Gerald. Please, do me a favour?"

He looks at me. "Anything for my soon to be sister in law."

"No one night stands. We don't want to hear you at all kinds of hours in the night."

Nate looks at me. "What about Jai and you? You keep me up at all hours, with your giggling and moaning."

Glaring at my brother, I feel my face starts to heat up with his revelation.

Jai pulls me onto him. "You're cute when you blush."

Hitting Jai's arm. "Shush," I turn towards my brother. "It not my fault that we're not at the mansion at the moment." I turn towards Jai. "When are we going back to the mansion?"

He scratches the back of his head. "I don't want to go back to the house after what happened." He looks at me. "I want to buy a house with you. One that we can grow old in and watch our children grow in as well."

"I like the sound of that."

 Later that night I am sitting in the grandstand of my old high school with Jai and his family

Charlotte is sitting next to me and looks at the field as the cheerleaders come out. A smile spreads across her face. "I remember the days I used to sit on the sideline and cheer for the football team in high school."

Turning towards her I say. "I spent most of my time with my head in the books. I went to one football game and I was completely bored watching."

"What changed?"