His Proposal - 9

Jai's Pov

Sitting in the back of the limo I go through my phone and look at Chloe's number. I entered her number before I left for New York, just in case I need her to do something for me.

"Excuse me, Sir?" The driver waves his hand in my face and I look at him. "We have arrived at Seclusive."

Looking out the window I see the first bar that I brought. It was right after I gave up playing football.

When I left New York I let one of my closest friends take over the club until I returned. After meeting Chloe I don't want to move back to New York.

So, for the next two weeks, I will be selling my clubs and a few properties that I have here in the city.

Stepping out of the car I see Riker Mesi. He's the Mafia Boss in New York and he's one of my closest friends.

When I was living here I was known as Riker's right-hand man. I pulled the trigger whenever the boss told me and helped him when he had problems with other families.

Riker slaps my back. "It's good to see you back in New York, but I never thought you'd come back for us."

"I'm not back, Riker. I have a few things that I need to do here and the first business involves you."

"Let's talk in the office." He looks around. "I don't like to talk shop out in the open."

I laugh.

He thinks I need someone killed, which is by far what I need right now. I don't need the cops around my business.

The door to the bar is opened by one of Riker's men and we step inside. There are pictures of my football days still hanging on the wall. A few of them have my autographs.

I'm going to take them back to the house I'm keeping in New York. At least they won't gather dust in a storage unit.

A female with blonde hair and blue-green eyes stops in front of him. She kisses him. "The girls and I want to go home."

Looking over at the bar I see two familiar girls Riley and Eliana; Riker's sisters. The girl in front of me I don't recognise.

She looks at me. "Irina Roberts." She holds her hand out to me.

Grasping her hand I say. "Jai Marshall."

A smile spreads across her face. "I've heard so much about you. I never thought that I would meet the infamous Jai Marshall, the best footballer in the states." She fans herself.

I laugh. "You've got a keeper there, Riker. I don't give my approval to many girls for Riker, but I can tell you're different from the others that have been in his life."

Eliana walks over and hugs me. She whispers. "Are you going to take me in the bathroom?"

I haven't done that in years and right now I don't feel like doing that especially when I'm interested in a woman in Los Angeles.

Pushing her away from me, I say. "Eliana, I'm not that type of guy now. I've changed."

"That's a shame." She circles me like she's the shark and I'm her food. "Who's the girl that's gotten my friends with benefits in a huff?"

"Enough, Eliana. I'm not going to have you ruin another relationship."

I didn't know she ruined a relationship.

Eliana used to get everything she wanted, but after I left something must have changed.

She rolls her eyes. "I didn't ruin anything, Riker. The guy forced himself onto me and no one believes me because he's one of your best guys." She slaps him before walking away.