His Proposal - 52

Walking out of the restaurant with Jai, Nate, Veronica, Mr Marshall and Aleysa. I look at Nate and say. "Are you going to win tonight?"

Nate stops in front of us and he turns to the group. "Of course we're going to win tonight. We're on a winning streak at the moment." He lifts Aleysa up and swings her around. "Thanks to this one. Ever since she got out of the hospital and coming to my games we've one." He kisses her cheek. "She's the team's lucky charm. I might ask the coach to let her watch the game from the bench."

Aleysa holds her nose. "I don't want to sit on the bench. You guys stink too much."

Nate's mouth drops. "What are you talking about?"

She rolls her eyes. "The guys on the football team don't use enough deodorant when they go onto the field. When they need to sit out all I can smell is the B.O. coming from them. Do you really want to kill me earlier than needed?"

Walking past Nate I hit his shoulder.

Jai runs after me. He wraps his arms around me. "Are you alright?"

Pushing him away. "No," I continue to walk down the street.

I'm not in the mood to join them in the car. I think I might walk to school instead of being locked in a small space with them.

I continue to walk until Jai pulls his car to the side of the road.

Jai pulls his window down. "Chloe, get in the car."

Shaking my head I continue to walk.

He opens the car door and steps out. He walks over to me. "Get in the car."

"NO," I yell.

Jai wraps his arms around me. "Please, get in the car. It's not safe for you to wander the streets with that guy following you everywhere."

"I don't want to get in the car. Just leave me alone."

He holds onto me tighter. "No, I'm not going to let you go, Chloe." He kisses my head. "I love you." He whispers. "Let it go, Chloe. Just let everything your feeling out. You can't keep this façade up. It's not healthy for you. I can see that what's happening to Aleysa is tearing you up. Yet you try to act brave. I can't watch you do this anymore. Please, let it out. I can take it."

That's when I let it out.

I start slapping him and pulling away from him.

Jai tightens his grip on me.

I start to cry, but that doesn't seem like enough for me. So, I start to scream. My legs start to feel weak and I begin to fall.

Jai catches me and we sit on the ground. While I am in his arms it starts to rain. We don't move from this position. Jai whispers over and over. "I love you, Chloe."

Nate yells. "We're going to be late."

Jai looks at the car. "Dad, can you drive them to school. We will meet you there."

Mr Marshall steps out of the car. "Alright, we'll save you a seat."

Closing my eyes I let the rain wash away my pain.

Jai and I walk into the football stadium. We walk up the stairs until we find Mr Marshall, Veronica and Aleysa.

Aleysa moves over for me. She wraps her arms around me. "I love you, sis."

A smile spreads across my face. "I love you too, Aleysa." I take some popcorn from her and shove it in my mouth. I look around the stadium. I see the guy that's been following me standing next to the canteen. "I will be right back."

What is he doing here? Why am I seeing him everywhere I go?

Jai looks at me. "Are you..."

Cutting him off, I say. "Don't ask me that again. I'm fine. Thank you for earlier, but I really need to pee." I rise and make my way through the crowd and down to the canteen.

When I get there the guy is gone. I walk around the grounds, but he's nowhere to be seen.

I haven't done anything for someone to be following me all over the place.

Walking over to the toilets I walk inside and do my business. When I'm done I wash my hands.

A group of girls walk into the toilet. "Did you see the guy with the black hoodie? I will tell you he looks delectable. I want to lick his abs."

The girls laugh.

Looking at them, I ask. "Where is the guy with the hoodie?"

The girls pull a funny face. "You're too old him."

I'm not that old. He's the guy that I'm looking for.

"He's a dangerous guy. If you know what's good for you; you will leave him alone."

That's the best thing that anyone could do. Is leave that man alone.

Walking out of the restroom I head over to the canteen to get some popcorn and a bottle of coke. I walk back to my seat.

Nate's team scores a try as I take a seat and I stand up with the crowd and cheer for the team.

Jai takes some popcorn from me. "That was a long bathroom break."

Turning towards him, I say. "I wasn't in the bathroom for long. I went looking for the guy that's been following me around. I saw him standing close to the canteen. He took off by the time I got down there. I think he was standing close by, but he doesn't want me to see him yet. It's like a game of cat and mouse."

Jai rises and takes my hand. "I need to tell you something. I don't want to say it in front of my parents and Aleysa." He pulls me through the crowd and down to the exit of the stadium. He stops at the gate. "Chloe, I found out who the guy is that's following you. He's dangerous." He frowns. "The thing that I don't get is why he hasn't shot you yet."

Someone wants me dead? How does he know?

Jai grabs my face and makes me look into his eyes. "You knew I was a bad guy before you started to date me. I kept that part of my life away from, but I was wrong to do that as I can see it's put you in danger. I have friends in high places and the photo you showed me at the hospital is a picture of an Assassin. He's one of the best in the world. No one knows when he's coming for them. I don't know what his plans are for you, but he seems to be taunting you and I know that it's not his style. I somehow keep missing that he's around. He likes knowing that you can see him."

I start shaking. "Jai, I don't want to die."

He kisses the tip of my head. "I won't let anyone touch you. Let's watch the rest of the game." He takes my hand and we walk back to our seats.

Watching Nate on the field takes my mind off the guy that I have been seeing around.