His Proposal - 63

Gerald is dunked into the water before the rope pulls him back up and then he's dunked back into the water. He's pulled off the rope and he swims over to the group. "That was great. I'm looking forward to the next time I do this."

The rope is pulled to the top and I look back at the bridge as my brother climbs onto the bridge. "Look," I point to the bridge. "Nate's going to jump."

"Jump, Nate?" Aleysa yells.

Nate smiles at our sister before he jumps off the bridge. He's dunked into water, but he doesn't come back up.

I swim to the area where I saw my brother last.

The guy that unhooked us from the rope dives under the water and searches for Nate. As I get close to the area where Nate should have risen I see part of the rope in the water. I hold it up. "The rope broke. I dive under the dark water and swim towards the bottom. My eyes start to sting as I keep them open. I see my brother sinking further into the water. I reach him with the guy and we pull him up.

When we break the surface of the water, Nate opens his eyes. He starts to cough and I swim to the shore with my brother. He looks at me. "I'm never doing that again."

Aleysa kneels next to our brother and hugs him. "You scared me when you didn't come back up. What happened?"

Nate looks at me. "The rope broke as I hit the water."

"Why didn't you just swim to the top?"

Nate touches the back of his head. "I hit my head." He pulls his hand away from the back of his head and he has blood on it.

Jai walks behind Nate and checks his head. "We need to take you to the hospital." He helps Nate up with Gerald's help.

We walk up the mountain and head towards Charlotte. She walks over to us. "What happened?"

Jai tells her what happened as they head towards the car.

Stopping next to the guy that put us on the rope. I tell him what happened and then I fill out some paperwork about the accident. I run over to the car and climb in.

Jai pulls out of the parking lot and drives towards the hospital.

Jai parks the car at the hospital and we all step out. We head towards the emergency entrance door. Jai walks over to the counter and gives them Nate's name.

Finding a seat at the back of the room I sit with my brother and sister.

Nate looks at me. "I'm not going to do anything else on the bucket list. I learnt my lesson from today."

Looking at Aleysa, I say. "I looked into skydiving for you, Aleysa, but you're under the age for being able to do it."

Alysa shrugs. "I don't mind. Can we go to Universal Studios and Disneyland in the upcoming weeks?"