His Proposal - 101

At 8 am, I am woken by the phone. I pull the phone off the nightstand and see a message in the inbox. I open it and see an email from Harry.

From: Harry Wilson
To: chloeknight@gmail.com

Re: Job

Dear Chloe

Sorry, I couldn't get in touch with you earlier. Last night I had a meeting in Los Angeles and it ran late. I'm at the office now if you want to stop by. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

- Harry

Jai looks at me. "Where are you going?" He asks as I make my way over to the closet.

I go through the closet looking for something to wear. I pull out a black pencil skirt and white blouse. "I'm going to Wilson Inc. Harry, my old boss is in Los Angeles."

He climbs out of bed and walks over to me. "If he doesn't give you a job, you can work for me at the bar again. I know you love that place."

He's right I do love the bar. It was the first place that I thought I belonged when I returned to the city that I missed for eight years.

Sometimes, I wonder how I survived that long in a city that I didn't feel like I belonged to.

I just hope that Nate won't feel that way.

Jai wraps his arms around me and he begins to kiss my neck. He whispers. "Do you have to go?"

"Yes," I push him away and I get changed. I tie my hair in a bun and walk out the bedroom door.

Breakfast is set on the table when I get to the kitchen. I take a seat and look at the assorted food that's on the table. There's toast, jelly, butter, cereal, fruit salad pancakes and eggs.

The food on this table could feed an army. I don't know why there's so much when it's only Jai and I that live in this mansion.

Jai walks into the kitchen and he takes a seat next to me. "My brother is coming over with a few of his friends this morning. We're going to play football in the park if you want to watch."

"What time are you playing?"

He shrugs. "I don't know. I will text you when I'm on the way to the park."

"Okay,"

After breakfast, I walk upstairs and brush my teeth.

As I'm about to leave the doorbell rings and I open the door. Jai's brother is blocking my exit. I yell. "Jai, you're brothers here." I turn my attention back to the brother. "Excuse me," he steps aside and I walk out of the house. "Have good game boys." I climb in the car and drive toward downtown LA where Wilson Inc is located.

***

In downtown LA I see metal fences being placed close to the Chinese Gardens. There's a poster with Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper.

Another movie those two have starred. I think that's the sixth movie that they've been in together.

My favourite movie with those two would have to be Silver Linings Playbook. To some people it was stupid, but it was entertaining for me.

I pull the car into the parking garage of Wilson Inc. I pick up my handbag and climb out of the car.

A secretary looks at me as I enter the foyer. She smiles. "Can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Harry Wilson. I'm Chloe Knight."

She types something on the computer. "I'm sorry, he's not expecting to meet with you."