His Proposal - 12.5

Jai's POV

Eliana walks into the bar with an overnight bag and she places it on the ground next to her. She looks at me. "Are you ready to take me to Amalia's place?"

What's she talking about? I never said I was taking her to Miami.

Riker looks at me. "I'm sorry, Jai. She won't let anyone take her except you. You were the one that told her she should go away for a while and she chose Florida with the cousin that can't stand our family."

Eliana sits next to Riker. "That's a lie, Riker and you know it. Its father and you that don't like her. It's not her fault that our Grandfather did what he did to divide our family. The business that's been going down isn't Amalia's fault. You could fix all the damage that father did. He was the one that made the company fail."

Looking at Riker I say. "If you need help with the damages he did. I will help you, but from Los Angeles. I don't want to spend any more time away from home."

Riley and Irina walk into the club together. They both have overnight bags as well and they place it next to Eliana's.

Are they going with Eliana?

Riker shakes his head at Irina. "I'm not letting you meet my cousin. She's worse than I am. I'm afraid she'll hurt you."

Irina places her hand on his shoulder. "She's not going to hurt me. I want to get to know you're family. You don't talk about them much."

He pulls her into his side. "That's because my family are bad people. You've seen some of the stuff I'm capable of and I don't want you to be pulled further into things you don't understand."

She kisses his cheek. "I'll be fine. I have Eliana and Riley with me. If you can let them go, then let me."

Riker looks at his sisters. "I want you both with my girl for the entire trip." He pulls out a ring and puts it on her finger. "This ring will let Amalia's family know you belong to the Mesi's. If the Marino's touch you, I will kill every one of them including our cousin without remorse."

Eliana gulps. "You can't be serious, brother."

He looks at her. "I'm deadly serious, Eli. You know I would never let anything happen to my siblings and girlfriend." He places his face against Irina's neck and inhales.

I wish I had that type of relationship. Where I would be protective of the woman I love. It's too early for me to know how I feel about Chloe, but what I know is that I like being around her.

Giving Riker the documents for all my properties and the clubs that I sold him. "Have fun in the new business, Riker. Can you do me a favour?"

"Sure,"

"Can you check on my condo from time to time? I want to make sure that the place is still there when I choose to come here." Pulling my keys out of my pocket I give it to him. "Thanks, Riker."

Riley looks at me. "Can we go now?"

"Let me grab a bottle of water from the fridge and then we can go." I walk behind the bar and open the fridge. Pulling out four bottles of water I put it in the backpack. Turning towards the girls I say. "I'm ready. Let's go."

Riker kisses Irina and tells her how much he loves her. She says the same thing back to him and he has a stupid smile on his face. He places his hand in hers and they walk over to the overnight bag on the floor. He lifts it up and carries the bag out for her.

Riley lifts her bag up and places it on her shoulder. She heads for the door. "Shotgun," she yells running out to the car.

Eliana lifts up her bag and hands it to me. "Be a doll and carry this to the car for me?" she walks behind me and I feel her eyes linger on me. "You know I can't ever get the image of that sexy ass out of my head. I just want to have one more go with you."

Turning towards her I say. "Eli, we're not going to happen. When I was living here I was a different person and I didn't like him. I was able to become someone I was happy with when I moved to Los Angeles. I'm not going to change back into the Jai 'the mafia's right-hand man' because that's not my title anymore. I am Jai Marshall, former football player and now 'Lusive' nightclub owner."

She waves her hand. "You can be whoever you want with me?" she moves her hand to my shirt and begins to undo the top button.

I move her hand from me. "It's not going to happen Eliana. Now, get to the bloody car and sit in it. For the entire trip, I want you to leave me the hell alone."

She walks to the car as if nothing happened.

As soon as I walk out of the building I see her wrap her arms around Nixon, Riker's left-hand man. She kisses his cheek. "I'm going to miss you, Nix. Maybe, you should take us to Florida. I don't feel like travelling with the anti-fun guy."

Riker looks at me and mouths. "What happened?"

I walk over to the car and throw the overnight bag into the trunk. Walking over to him I tell him what happened between Eliana and myself.

He doesn't seem happy and turns towards Eliana who is now making out with Nixon. "Eliana, would you stop making out with my men. You should also apologise to Jai. He's the one taking you all the way to Florida. Even though he would rather be heading home to the girl he likes."

Eliana scoffs. "Like she would like Jai. She doesn't know anything about his past and I know the type of guy he truly is."

Riker moves towards his sister. "I've had enough of this attitude. I know you've been hurt by one of the men and I'm sorry that happened to you, sis. I'm going to hunt him and kill him like the dog he is. Until your attitude is gone. I don't think it would be good for you to return home. Have fun in Florida." He turns his back on his sister and then he moves towards the car where his girlfriend is sitting in the backseat.

She pulls down her window and talks to him.

Climb into the driver's seat I start the car. Eliana doesn't say anything as she climbs into the backseat. She looks out the window ignoring everything around her.

"Bye, Riker," Riley says from the front seat.

He kisses the top of her head. "Stay out of trouble, brat."

She sticks her tongue out at him. "I can't keep that promise, bro."

Pulling out of the parking I head towards Miami. I change the channel and a country song comes on and Riley begins to sing along.