His Proposal - 11

After last night's shift, Jai told me that he wasn't going to be at the bar for two weeks, but Max will be. He'll be the Manager until his return.

I just hope that Max can do a good job and not make me do everything so he could sit in the Jai's office playing on his phone.

Pulling my car into the parking lot of Lusive I see Ethan at the door talking to another security guy. He says something to the guy before heading in my direction. I park my car under a light close to the bar. Reaching over to the passenger seat I pull my bag towards me.

Before I have time to open the car door, it's opened by Ethan who has a smile on his face. "Good evening, Chloe. How are you?"

A smile spreads across my face as I step out of the car. "Good, how about you, Ethan?"

"Great, now that you're here." He closes the door for me. "Are you ready for your first shift without, Jai?"

"Yeah, I'm ready for the first shift without, Jai. Do you know where he went?"

"No," we cross the parking lot. "Jai, never tells anyone what he's doing. Something tells me that whatever business trip he's on will be the last time he spends away from Los Angeles."

"Why would you think that?" I ask him.

Ethan remains quiet, before scratching the back of his neck. "Just forget I said that."

That's impossible for me to do. I'll have to find out what he meant in due time.

Looking at him I ask. "Who's on tonight? I really want to make a good impression on the people that I haven't met before. I have to show them that I didn't get the job because I'm a female, but I got it because I deserve to be here like everyone else."

Ethan touches my arm. "There are a few people that you haven't worked with before and they might not like you because you're the first woman to get a job here." He looks at the door. "At the door with me, tonight is Brady. He can be an ass, but I think he'll be nice to you. Inside you have Max, who you've been working closely with. Keith and Lance. Both of them are bartenders and they think they're reasons why woman buy drinks from them. Just be careful of those two. I've heard they slip drugs into their drinks. Just keep an eye out for that and if you see a woman in danger just give me a call. Then there's Alex and Eugene they will be the security inside. Eugene is married and he will treat you like his younger sister, as you are close to the age of his sister."

"Thanks, for the small rundown on everyone, Ethan. I appreciate it."

"Anything for the new bartender."

As soon as we reach the door of Lusive I see a queue of people waiting to get in. "Are you going to let them in?"

Ethan shakes his head. "They aren't allowed in until seven. That's Max's rules. He's a lot stricter when Jai's away, but I'm sure you will be fine. If not I will call the boss and tell him what Max is up to."

Someone yells. "Why's she allowed in?"

Ethan looks into the crowd. "She works here."

"No, she doesn't." A guy yells. "I would remember a beautiful thing like her working here if she did."

Looking at him I say. "I recently got a job. So, of course, you wouldn't have seen me." I turn away from him and look at the tall blonde, blue-eyed, tanned god in front of me.

He looks me up and down and licks his windblown lips. "I'm Brady. I've been here for a couple of years and I haven't seen Jai hire a woman since I've been part of Lusive. He surely knows what he's doing." He holds his hand out to me.