His Proposal - 84

Jai and I walk into the hand in hand and we see his family sitting around the kitchen table.

Veronica looks at her son and then me. "How much information has been told the truth to the paparazzi? I don't want to believe everything I read about you two as I know you really are in love and this relationship isn't a lie."

Ricky rises and he stands next to his wife. "If I hadn't witnessed everything with my own eyes I would think that Chloe was a gold digger that wanted you for your money and to get help for her sister."

"I didn't want anyone to know about the proposal that I signed with Jai. It's not anyone's business, but ours. Someone leaked a binding contract and when I find out who it is I'm going to sue all parties involved. They have ruined my future with these lies." I look toward the hallway. "My brother hates me. How am I supposed to get over my last immediate family member hating me because of all the stuff on the internet and newspaper? I really hate technology." I walk over to the dining table and sit.

Veronica holds my hand. "We're going to find out who's involved."

Jai sits next to me. He turns towards me. "I have to tell you something." He whispers. He clears his throat before he continues. "Before we got romantically involved I had another copy in my safe at Lusive. I walked into my office one day and saw one of my exes there. I didn't think anything of it as everything looked the same."

I look at him. "What about our Lawyers? Do you think they could have had something to do with it?"

He shakes his head. "I don't think so. Did you get your Lawyer to empty the bin on the computer after he deleted the document?"

No, I didn't.

My face pales. "I forgot to ask him to empty the trash can. I don't know what made me forget about that small thing. I will be talking to my lawyer this afternoon anyway. He wants to see Nate and me about Aleysa's Will."

I wonder what the parents left us. In there Will, there wasn't much to give away except the house and car that they had.

Jai looks at me. "I will drive Nate and you to the Lawyers Office. There's going to be some bodyguards around for you. I want to keep you safe."

"Thanks, Jai."

He smiles. "I will do anything to keep the woman I love safe from the vultures."

"That's good to know."

***

After lunch, Jai drives Nate and me to the Lawyers office.

When we get there, there are four bodyguards waiting for us at the back entrance of the law firm.

One of the guys opens the door for Nate and me.

Stepping out of the car I thank the bodyguard.

He smiles warmly at me. "My wife and I don't believe all the stuff that's been said about you. Hold your head up high, sweetheart. They will get bored soon enough."

"Yes, they will. I am a boring person. I prefer to stay at home with a good book than going out and causing trouble."

He opens the door for me and we walk to the private lift.

The door opens and we step into the lift.

I see Jai walk into the lift with us. I turn towards him. "What are you doing?"

He pulls me into his arms. "I was told that I needed to be at the Will Reading."

What did Aleysa do?