Bonus chapter 3: Naming Day

It's been a busy morning, I have been in the kitchen cooking food for the guests that are coming for the naming day. Jai has been keeping our six-month-old daughter out of my way by playing with her. I wouldn't be surprised if her room is a mess and I'm going to be the one cleaning it up before the guests arrive.

The doorbell rings as I'm putting the final touches on the cake. "Jai, can you get the door?"

Jai walks down the stairs with Paige in his arms. He kisses my head. "Sure," he scoops up the cream that's on the plate and puts it on my nose. "You look cute with cream on your face."

I'm going to pay him back later.

Harley walks into the kitchen.

Harley is heavily pregnant and the baby is due any day now. She sits on the stool across from where I'm working. "Do you need help?"

Harry looks at her. "You're not going to stand up, Harley."

I push the chopping board towards her and the utensils. "She wasn't going to stand. You do know she's pregnant. Not a cripple."

He rolls his eyes. "I know, that. She complains about having a sore back at times."

"Well, that's what happens when you carry a baby that's a size of a basketball to full term." I point at him and Jai. "If you're not helping with the food you can get out of my kitchen."

Paige reaches over to me and I take her from Jai. "Do you want to watch Mommy and Harley cook?" She nods.

I place her in the high chair and put some toys on there for her.

The doorbell rings again. "I've got it," Jai yells.

A couple of minutes later, Leila walks into the kitchen with a platter. She places it on the table. "I made some sausages rolls and pies from scratch. There's also dip and Doritos too."

"Thanks, Leila."

She looks at me. "You should get ready. People will be arriving soon. Harley and I can finish the rest."

I look behind her. "Where's Logan and Lara?"

"They're with Ace. He never lets those kids out of his sight for a second. It's starting to scare me."

I shake my head. "Jai used to be like that. I told him that he needed to go to the bar and work. He fought me tooth and nail not leaving Paige and me, but I won at the end and he went to work. Do you know how long he lasted at the bar until he came back home?"

"Ten minutes?"

I shake my head. "Jai was gone for two hours. He had a lot of paperwork to do at the bar. When he got home he was was glad that I pushed him to leave. You should do the same with Ace."

"I think I will." She pushes me towards the stairs. "Get ready."

I crash into someone as I leave the kitchen. I look at the tanned arm holding onto and then I reach the hazel eyes of my man. "Jai," I whisper.

A smile spreads across his face. "Hey, baby." He looks at me. "You should get ready."

"I will once you let me go."

He whispers. "I don't want to let you go." Jai throws me over his shoulder and carries me up the stairs. In the bedroom he places me on the bed and goes through the cupboard, looking at my clothes. "No," he moves a dress and continues that until he reaches the dress he brought me for Valentines Day.