His Proposal - 114

5 days later

Teresa is sitting on the lounge next to Nate. She looks up as I enter the room. She smiles. "Good morning, Chloe,"

"Morning," I walk slowly to the kitchen and I see Jai standing behind the stove.

He has an apron on that reads 'kiss the chef.'

I got him that apron for Christmas. I never thought he'd actually wear it, but here he is standing in our kitchen cooking breakfast. I'm actually surprised that he didn't make the chef cook for us.

Jai turns towards me and a smile spreads across his face as he sees me sitting at the kitchen bench. He points to the apron. "What do you think?"

I crook my finger at him.

He moves towards me.

When he's standing in front of me and I yank him to me and cover my mouth with his in a hungry kiss. He responds immediately and wraps his arms around me. He deepens the kiss, making me moan lowly.

I run my hands through his hands before I stop behind his neck. I start to smell something burning and I pull away from the kiss. "Jai, the slices of bacon are burning."

Jai runs over to the pan. "Shit,"

I laugh.

He lifts the pan up and shows me. "Look," the rest of the sentence is cut off as the 'beeping' of the smoke alarm goes off.

Nate and Teresa run into the kitchen. They look at us. "What's going on?" They ask.

Jai picks up a dish towel and he walks over to the alarm and he waves it in front of the alarm.

I laugh again before I say. "Casanova got distracted and he burnt the bacon."

Nate looks at him. "How can you..." He cuts himself off. "Damn it," he takes Teresa's hand. "We're going out for breakfast." The smoke alarm stops beeping and I can hear my brother better now. He continues with what he was saying over the alarm. He points at Jai and me. "I don't think I can eat here for the duration of my stay."

I look at them. "That's too bad, bro. I was going to make your favourite meal, but since you don't want to eat here I'll just cook something else."

He runs over to me like a little kid. "Please, Chloe. Make me your famous chicken legs meal. Nobody can make it the way you do and I miss it."

A smile spreads across her face. "You're like a little kid at Christmas time." She walks towards him and places her hand on his shoulder. "Are we eating in or eating out?"

Nate rises. "We're going to eat here. If I don't I'm sure Chloe won't be making my favourite meal for dinner tonight."

I would make it for him no matter what, but I'm not going to tell him that.

Teresa walks over to the stove. "Get out of the kitchen. I will cook some bacon, eggs and whatever else you'd like."

"Waffles?"

She smiles. "Sure," Teresa gets everything out that she needs to cook the waffles and she starts making them.

For some reason, I am craving them today. I know I won't be satisfied until I have them.