Bonus chapter 4 Naming Day Part 2

Book mock-up by @newsies-

Carter grabs my arm and pulls me toward the door. "We can't tell you here. It's not safe. Please, trust us." He doesn't let go of me until we're in the car. "We're going for a drive. Don't make a sound or I'll have to hurt you and I don't want to do that to you."

"Drex, what's going on?"

He places his index finger to his mouth telling me to be quiet.

Carter pulls away from the house. He drives until he reaches the National Park. He parks the car. "Were walking from here. I'll answer your questions once we're away from the car."

I climb out of the car and follow them to the trail. "What's going on?" I stop at the beginning of the trail.

I'm not going to take one more step until they tell me what's going on?

Drex steps forward. "We found Mom and Dad's killer."

***

I cross my arms and look at them. "Who killed my parents?"

"It was Jai's brother. He followed our parents for a while before he killed them." Drex pulls me into his arms. "He used Jai to get closer to you. I think he has something up his sleeves for today. Nate and you aren't safe with him in that house."

I push Drex away from me. "Jai's family wouldn't hurt me like that."

"Jai's brother has."

Tears begin to fall down my face. "Which brother?"

"Gerald,"

Why would he do this to us?

"I'm going to kill him."

Drex grabs ahold of me. "You aren't going to do anything. Carter and I will take care of it. You have a party to get back to."

They drive back to the house.

As soon as I enter Jai runs over to me and hugs me. "Where did you go?"

"We had unwanted visitors and I had to get rid of them. It took forever to get them into the car and for them to go away."

Carter and Drex walk into the house.

Jai pushes me behind him. He looks at my brother and cousin. "What are you two doing here?"

Drex glares at him. "We've found the person responsible for killing my parents and he's in this room with us."