His Proposal - 3.

Aleysa is still asleep in my bed when I wake up. Being careful not to wake her I peel the sheets back and climb out of bed. Walking across the hall I step into the bathroom and close the door.

Stripping out of my clothes I turn the tap on in the shower and adjust the temperature. I step under the showerhead and the water cascades down my body. Grabbing the shampoo off the shelf I wash my hair.

When I've finished washing my hair and body I step out of the shower. I wring my hair out and grab the towel, to dry myself off. I wrap the towel around my body and walk into my bedroom.

On the bed, Aleysa feels around and lifts her head when she doesn't see me. "Chloe," she yells.

"I'm here, Lys." I step into the light so she can see me. "I just had a quick shower. We're safe."

She lies back in bed. "We're not safe, Chloe. The police haven't found the people responsible for murdering Mom and Dad. The security added to this place isn't making me feel safe."

Moving over to the bed I take her hand in mine. "Which is why we're moving into a safe building and hopefully we can have a resemblance of a normal life."

"I hope so. When we get back from the wake can you help me back some of my stuff?"

"Of course." Standing up I move over to the chest of draws and pull my underwear out. Then I walk over to the closet and pull out a simple black dress and put it on the bed.

Aleysa climbs out of bed. "I'm going to get changed. Can you do my hair when I come back?"

"Sure," I put my clothes on and then start to apply some make-up.

There's a knock on my bedroom door before a male voice says. "Can I come in?"

Opening the door I see my brother. "Sure, what's going on, Nate?"

He looks around my room. "Is Aleysa in here?"

"No, she's getting ready. What's going on, Nate?"

"My friends will be here shortly. I'm going to get a ride with them and then spend the night at Josh's."

I'm glad he has a good group of people with him. He's going to need their help to get through this day.

Looking at him I say. "The moving truck will be here at seven. You better be here around the same time to help us pack the truck."

He hugs me. "I will. Thanks for letting me spend the night at my friend's."

Beep, beep.

A car horn beeps in front of the house. "The guys are here. I'll meet you at the funeral home." Nate walks out of my room and says "bye,' to Aleysa as he walks past her bedroom door.

A couple of minutes later, Aleysa walks back into my room with her hairbrush, "Did Nate leave with Josh and the boys?"

"Yes, he's also spending the night. Is there anyone you want to be with?"

Aleysa shakes her head. "I want to stay with you, Chloe." She sits on the chair in front of the mirror. She passes the brush to me and I start to brush her hair.

Plaiting her hair I look in the mirror and see her eyes looking at the jewellery I have on the table. She picks up an infinity necklace. "Do you want to wear that today?"

Looking at me through the mirror she says. "Yes, please. It's so pretty."

I finish plaiting her hair. "How does it look?"

A smile spreads across her face. "It's just the way Mom used to do it. Can you teach me how to it?"

"Sure, do you have any Barbie dolls still lying around?