His Proposal - 4

Three Months Later

It's been three months since I moved to Los Angeles to be the guardian of my brother and sister and it hasn't been easy for any of us.

A day after my parent's funeral we moved out of the house and into an apartment building in Burbank. The apartment building we moved into has the best security measures in place and it's what we need because our parent's murderers are still out there.

A security lock is on the entrance door of the building and the only way to get in and out is to know the code. The codes are changed weekly for the people that live in the building.

There's a security guard that sits behind the desk in the foyer and he knows everyone's names in the building. I recently learnt the security guy's name. His name is Hans.

Hans is a big guy, tanned skin, his arms and legs are full of muscle and he's bold. He looks like a WWE Wrestler.

When Aleysa and Nate aren't doing their homework they are downstairs talking to Hans. During his night shift me they bring him leftover food and keep him company until he's finished dinner.

Looking at the clock I see it's 7 am and my sister hasn't come down the hall for breakfast. I walk to her room and open the door.

Entering the room I see she has her back turned to the door. "Aleysa, it's time for you to get up." She doesn't make a sound or move. Turning her on her back I see she's pale and there's blood in the pillowcase and sheets. Dried blood is covering her face and nose. I pull the blankets back and she's covered in bruises.

What's happening to my sister?

"Nate," I yell.

Nate runs into the room and looks at me. "What?"

"Call an ambulance. There's something wrong with Aleysa." I place my hand close to her mouth and feel the air being blown into my hand.

She's alive.

I sag against the bed and look at my sister.

Nate pulls his phone out of his pocket and calls 911. He tells them what's wrong with Aleysa.

While he's on the phone I grab and overnight bag from the closet and start packing the bag for Aleysa.

I don't know how long we're going to be at the hospital for.

For the last week and a half Aleysa's been sick. She started to feel lethargic and then her appetite began to diminish a couple of days ago.

Last week I got a phone call from the Aleysa's school and they told me she wasn't feeling well. I went to school and picked her up.

When we got home she went straight to bed and slept.

That night I brought her some soup and she ate that.

During the Aleysa screamed my name and I jumped out of bed. Running to her room I found her on the ground. I helped her up and asked. "What happened?"

Tears fell down her face as she said. "I was going to the bathroom and I started to feel dizzy and fell."

Putting her in the bed I put the blankets over her. I walk into the bathroom and fill up the cup that was in the counter. Giving the water to Aleysa I say. "You need to stay hydrated, sis."

Aleysa takes the cup from me and drinks. When the cup is empty she gives it to me. "Thanks," She lies back in bed and falls asleep.

Kissing her cheek I whisper. "I'll fill the cup up." Walking to the bathroom I fill the cup up again. I put it on the nightstand and walk out of the room.