His Proposal - 42

After breakfast, Nate picks up his backpack and he puts it on over his shoulder. He runs out of the mansion and climbs into the car. He pulls out of the driveway.

Jai is in the kitchen washing up. He looks at me. "Chloe, what are you thinking about?"

Sighing, I look at him and say. "A nurse from the hospital is going to meet us at my place and she wants to take some blood from Aleysa."

"Are you asking me if it's alright that she comes here the next time?" I nod. "That's fine with me. This house is yours too, Chloe. You don't need to ask permission for a nurse to come here to take Aleysa's blood. I will write my address on a piece of paper and you can give it to the nurse. I'll put the landline number on it as well."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Do you need anything else?"

Shaking my head. "I need to get a few things before I leave with Aleysa."

"Okay,"

Walking out of the kitchen I pick up an overnight bag and place it on my shoulder.

I need to get more clothes for Aleysa, Nate and I.

Aleysa walks into the room and she looks at me. "We're not going home are we?"

"No, we're staying here. I want to get more clothes for us. We can't just wear the ones we took with us to The Marshall's. If we do I will have to wash every three days and I'd prefer to have enough clothes."

"We could go shopping for new clothes, Chloe."

"We have good clothes at home. I will take you shopping another day."

She smiles. "Alright,"

Walking out of the room I head towards the living room.

Jai looks at the overnight bag in my hands. "You're leaving?"

Laughing, I say. "You're the second person to say that." Looking into his brown eyes I say. "I'm not leaving. I'm getting some more clothes from home."

Jai reaches into his back pocket and pulls out his wallet. He takes out his black credit card. "Buy whatever you need."

Looking at his hand and then at him. "No, I can't take anymore from you, Jai. What you've been doing is good enough." I turn towards Aleysa. "Let's go." I walk towards the door and pull off a set of keys from the hook. I open the front door.

Aleysa walks through the door first.

"Wait," Jai yells. He runs over to me. "Chloe,"

Touching his lips with my finger. "Jai, thank you for everything you've done for us. I wouldn't have made it this far without your help." I pull him closer to me and kiss him.

His lips touch mine. He deepens the kiss and I wrap my arms behind his neck.

Pulling away. "I love you. See you later."

Jai smile. "Of course you will. I have to go to the club tonight."

"I wish I could go with you."