His Proposal - 88

Banner by @CarKann thanks for the beautiful graphic.

Pulling my car onto a dirt track in the middle of the bush, I follow it until I reach a brick building. A sign on the building says. 'Welcome to Camp Tranquility.'

I see a woman walk by a window wrapped in a towel and she lies on her stomach on the bed. Another woman massages her back.

The next couple of days are going to be relaxing for me.

I step out of the car and grab my duffel bag and walk into the building.

The woman behind the desk smiles. "Hello, welcome to Camp Tranquility. I'm Carrie." She looks at my bags. "Are you checking in?"

"Yes, I am. My name is Chloe Knight."

She types something on the computer. "Oh, you're the one that called at the last minute, right?"

"Is there a problem?"

She shakes her head. "No, it's just normally people wait a few days after the funeral to come here."

"The funeral was yesterday. I went to it and then left right after. There are heaps of things going on at home and I couldn't stand to be there without my sister."

She looks at me with pity. "I'm sorry, you have to go through all that."

"Don't be." I see a woman step through a private door. "Hey,"

The woman smiles. "Hey, I'm Lena. I will show you to your room, miss."

I pick up my bag and keys off the table. I follow Lena to my room.

She opens the door for me and I step into the room.

The room has purple curtains, a double bed next to the window, a nightstand on each side of the bed. A light switch next to where I will be sleeping.

I walk over to the bed and look out the window. I see a lake. People are swimming and having the time of their life.

This place might just heal me a bit, but nothing can ever help me get over the death of my sister.

Lena looks at me. "If you need anything you can see Carrie or me. We will help you out. If you want to talk to one of our counsellor's let me know and I can make an appointment for you."

"Can you make an appointment? I think it's best that I talk to someone."

She writes it down on a piece of paper. "I will call you with the time of the appointment."

"I have a brother and fiancé. They will be joining us in a few days."

She smiles. "I got a call from your fiancé. He told me that you needed a couple of days to yourself. He also wanted me to keep an eye on you, but from what I can see, you can handle yourself." Lena opens the door and she walks out.

I pull out my phone and call Jai.

Jai: Hello, this is Jai.

Me: Hey, it's Chloe.

Jai: Did you arrive safely?

Me: Yes, it's so beautiful here. I can't wait for you to join me here.

Jai: I will be there before you know it. What are you going to do first?

Me: I'm unpacking my stuff first and then I'm going to wait for a call about seeing a counsellor.

Jai: Do you want me to bring anything?

Me: No, I have everything I need. I will talk to you when you arrive here. I love you, Jai.