His Proposal - 100

Jai looks over at me. "Morning, beautiful. What time is the Doctor's Appointment?"

"2:30, why?"

Jai climbs out of bed and he walks over to the cupboard. He pulls out a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. He gets changed and looks at me. "I have to go to Lusive today. It's been a while since I've been to work and I want to see how well my business is doing." He kisses me. I'll be back at 1:30. Love you, Chloe."

I wrap my arms around his neck. "Can't you stay here with me, please?"

He shakes his head. "I'm sorry."

The front door opens and closes. I walk over to our bedroom window that faces the driveway and I watch as Jai pulls away from the house.

It hasn't been a month yet since my sister passed away and I think I'm ready to join the workforce again.

I should get in touch with Harry and let him know that I want to start work tomorrow.

From: Chloe Knight
To: hwilson@gmail.com

Dear Harry,
I know it hasn't been a month yet, but I thought I'd let you know that I'm ready to start work in the Los Angeles building. I could start tomorrow.

- Chloe

I send the email and then I walk down the stairs to the kitchen. A maid is in there with an older woman. They smile at me as I enter the room.

The younger maid steps forward. "I'm Alessia. It's nice to meet you..." she pauses.

I shake her hand. "Chloe, but you already knew that. I'm glad that you tried to involve me in a conversation. I'm going to make something for breakfast."

Alessia pulls things out of the cupboard. "I can do that for you. What would you like to eat? She holds three different kinds of cereal boxes up."

I shake my head at every box she points to. "I can make something myself. Could you clean the living room, please?"

"Yes, miss." She walks out of the kitchen.

The older woman steps aside as I move around the kitchen. I prepare the batter for the pancakes before I put it on the stove. I wait for the batter to bubble before I flip the pancake over. "That looks great."

"Would you like one?" I ask.

She smiles. "I can make it myself. You should eat first." She places a plate in front of me and I put the pancake on my plate. I put jelly on it and I walk over to the kitchen table with a glass of milk and pancake.

The woman makes herself a pancake and joins me at the table. We talk about different things over breakfast.

She's a nice lady.

My phone alerts me to a new message and I place it on the table.

Nate: I arrived safely at the house.

Me: That's great. What do you think of it?

Nate: I love it. It's the type of house you'd rather live in then go to campus.

Me: I can't wait to see it. I wish the football season was starting already.

Nate: It won't be much longer.