His Proposal - 16

Jai's POV

At 3:40 pm, I pull my car in front of a mansion that has a brick wall surrounding the gates with barb wire on top so people won't be able to get onto the property. An iron gate with a tiger stands on the gate with the letter M on it. A couple of camera's are facing the driveway and an intercom on the driver's side of the driveway.

Pressing the button I wait for someone to answer.

Voice: Hello,

Me: Hey, I'm here to see Amara.

Voice: She's not expecting you. I can't allow you in here without her permission.

Eliana unbuckles her seat belt and she climbs on top me. She presses the button.

Eliana: Amara, isn't expecting a male, but she is expecting her cousin Eliana. Now, can you buzz us in or you'll have to deal with consequences of not allowing us in.

The box is quiet for a moment before a female voice comes over the intercom.

Voice: It's not nice to threaten my people, Eli. I've killed people for less, cousin. You may come up to the house, but I think I will need to you some manners when it comes to my family.

Eliana doesn't respond to what her cousin says and she moves back to her seat. She puts her seatbelt on and we wait for the gate to open.

Irina's phone starts to ring and she shows me the screen. "It's Riker. Should I answer it now or call him back?"

"Answer it. If you ignore his call he'll just call mine and I'll have to listen to him as he curses me out for his girl not answering her phone." the gates open and I drive through the property.

Lining the driveway are palm trees and different types of flowers. There's blue, red, pink, black, yellow and purples. Leaves are falling from the trees, littering the ground close to the driveway. Sprinklers are turned on.

A few kids are running around under the sprinklers and a few have water guns, spraying each other.

Coming to a stop in front of a Victorian-style house I see that it's been freshly painted, with a wrap-around porch and a table sitting on it. There's a door knocker with a tiger on it with the letter M engraved in it.

The front door opens and a beautiful woman with dark hair, blue eyes and tanned skin walks out. She holding a gun in her hand and she doesn't look too happy at all. Her eyes scan the group until she looks at Eliana. She walks down the stairs. "I'm glad you made it in one piece. So, who did you bring with you today?"

She points at Riley. "That's my younger sister, Riley. Standing next to her is Riley's best friend, Irina. She's with my brother, Riker. So, if anything happens to her you'll have to deal with my big brother and standing next to her is my good friend, Jai Marshall."

A smile spreads across her face as she recognises my name. She moves towards me and holds her hand out for me take. I place my hand in hers. She says. "Amalia Marino, it's good to see the right-hand man of Riker. I've heard good things about you. If you're in need of a change you can join me."

Taking my hand out hers. "I'm sorry, Amara. I'm not looking into getting involved with another family. I got out of the one with Riker and now I'm on my own."

She laughs. "You may be out of the one from New York, but I don't think you're completely out with my cousin Knox living in the same city as you."

She's right. I'm not completely out of the mafia family especially when I am in contact with the one in the city I reside in.