Reaper x Dust~ Loving death.

(Requested by: iwovemoipuppers. For the sake of whatever sanity I have left, Reaper won't be killing whatever he touches. A bit sad, then fluffy and then a lime, because why not?)

Reaper's POV:

The first time we met... I had to reap his brother. It wasn't the first time I had to do it but it was the first time that he saw me... and that I saw him. We didn't talk, just looked at each other in shock and surprise. Then I kinda panicked and teleported away.

There was this weird feeling deep within my soul when I saw him and I had no idea what it was... I don't like not knowing what I feel. So I observed him, how he acted, how he fought, how he died. Yet I was still unable to figure it out.

He observed me too, whenever kid in his universe killed someone he was close, waiting until I would arrive. I just pretend I didn't see him.

At first he was just looking like I did but then... he tried to talk to me. I didn't know what to do in that kind of situation so... I ran away... again.

His voice, it was much deeper than most of the Sanses a bit raspy too but... it was pleasant to hear. Hearing it made my soul skip a beat... I still don't understand why I feel like that around him.

Next time I apologised and explained that no mortal had enough courage to talk to me in a while so I kinda panicked. He was surprisingly chill about it. Our conversation didn't last long since I had to do my work but it didn't really matter... there were many more to come after all.

We talked whenever we could, joking, lifting each other's spirits whenever one of us felt down. And that feeling in my soul never left, it only grew stronger... I still didn't understand.

I was there when he finally broke down, after countless of genocidal resets it wasn't a surprise. He cried, at first he didn't truly want it, he just didn't see any other options anymore. And I, I was there for him, keeping him somewhat sane and giving his love ones death as painless as possible.

After he killed the kid I was the one to tell him they wouldn't come back.
''Finally...'' he cried out ''but at what cost.'' he whipped, looking at his dust and blood covered hands.
''A very high one.'' I said grabbing his hands tightly.

''Do you hate me?'' he asked, barely above a whisper.
''No, never.'' I say pulling him into a hug.
''But I'm a murderer.'' he said through sobs.
''Not the first and no the last I'll encounter. You, at least, had a reason.'' I rub his back in circles hoping to calm him down.

It hurt me to see him so hurt, I was relieved when he finally calmed down, and I still didn't understand what I felt towards him.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I sighed looking at the list of souls I had to reap today, just few more to go. I teleported to next soul's location, seeing a familiar figure kill them with a knife.

''Dust!'' I yelled angrily, it's the 5th time this week he has done this ant it's just Wednesday!
''Reaper!'' he yelled happily, running over and giving me a hug.

''How many times do I have to tell you to stop killing people just to see me?'' I say half irritated, but.... it was actually quite flattering that he does it just to see me. He let out a giggle before speaking.
''It's not my fault you don't visit as often as you used to.'' he said while pouting.

''Heh, cute. No! Bad Reaper! Focus!' I repremanded myself.
''I know Dust, but it's just my job, not me. If I could I'd spend all the time with you.'' I say as I hug him back. We stayed like this for some time but... I still had some work to do.