Chapter 53 : Saturday night

Jane didn't stay the Sunday night with Max, she didn't want her aunt or her friends to be worried for her. She was sure Mallory thought she was dead, so she visited them to show them that she was alive before hiding in her bedroom for a week. Max proposed her to come Saturday night for a "party" with just her friends. Jane didn't know why she told her that, maybe it was a plan to humiliate her or something like that. Or maybe she was liking her enough to spend a night with her. She didn't know, but she had nothing to lose. She didn't bring alcohol or drugs, knowing they were not the kind of people to take these things. On her way to Joyce's house she met someone she already knew.

- "Hey Jane, what's up?" asked Bev.

- "Um, good, good."

- "You're sure? You look...tensed."

- "I, uh, Max told me there was a party at Joyce's house and, uh, she told me I could come if I wanted so..."

- "So you're coming? That's so cool! You'll see, it will be fun!"

- "Yeah, yeah, maybe."

- "Maybe!? Don't be offensive, we are very funny!"

Jane pouted. Bev wide opened her eyes before playfully pushing her and chuckling which made smile the brunette.

- "So, we walk together?" asked Bev.

- "Sure, let's go."

The two girls began to walk in silence. Beverly would have never thought this situation would be possible one day, but she was glad it was.

- "You were in this riot last week?"

- "Just a few minutes, then I ran away."

- "Why? You were scared?"

- "I don't know, it wasn't my war, I guess."

- "I'm glad you're not hurt."

- "Yeah, Max took well care of me."

- "Max? You went to Max? That's cool," smiled Bev. "Is everything ok between you and her?"

- "I, I guess. We talked, and she proposed me to come tonight so, I guess we're good."

- "That's great, I'm happy for you, I knew you were not a bad person."

- "Oh yeah? Why were you this sure?"

- "Look, even if you have a particular talent to be emotionless, you had a small light in your eyes begging to be free. A good light, and now you are shining!"

- "Pfff, whatever!" chuckled Jane.

Bev spent the travel asking Jane lots of questions about her, finally having the opportunity to know more about the leader of the Red Eagles' daughter. The two girls finally arrived in front of Will's door. Jane felt stupid for stressing, they wouldn't kill her for coming, and it was Max who asked her to come, it wasn't like if she was inviting herself, and Bev seemed fine with it. The redhead knocked at the door. Will opened the door, nodded, and let them enter. When Jane entered, she had the good surprise to see Medhi, Mallory, and Melissa here.

- "Don't worry, we all knew you were invited, Max asked me before telling you you could come," explained Will.

- "Um, ok, cool," answered Jane.

Mallory didn't resist and took her friend in her arms. Jane frowned and wrapped her arms around her too.

- "Um, why do I have a hug?"

- "Because you look to feel good, and I'm happy for you," told the blonde girl.

- "I had worse days."