Chapter 37 : Pictures

Since Jane spent this night with Loren, she couldn't stop thinking about it. She was feeling dirty, it wasn't normal, why did she enjoy it? And why did she want to do it again!? It wasn't right, and she would do everything to stay far from these devil sensations. At least, Loren wasn't a Red Eagle, so she shouldn't have problems because of this mistake. But, in case, she preferred staying in her bedroom, worried that the information would spread. It was a mistake, nobody needed to know. She wouldn't do it again, it was disgusting, it was wrong, they managed to spread their sickness into her, she was so mad at them! People like that shouldn't exist, it wasn't normal. Once she managed to convince herself, she got out of her aunt's apartment for the first time in one week. She wandered in the streets with a proud walk with no goals, just to see what was happening around. Some members of the Red Eagles bowed in her direction to salute her, contrary to her who just looked at them. She walked a moment; she could have taken the bus, but she wanted to take some air, it wasn't to be stuck in a putrid mob. On her way she stole a lollipop to a child, threw mud on another one, and spat on a man who whistled at her. Everything was normal. She arrived at a corner and completely froze. A dog was facing her, growling. Jane raised her fists in front of her, ready to fight, her breathing heavy and her muscles tensed. The dog barked which made her stepped back. She hit someone by accident and turned around to face them.

- "You again!?"

- "I wasn't following you if it's what you have in your mind," answered Beverly, rubbing her head. "Are you ok?"

- "Why do you fucking care!?"

- "You look stressed, is it because of the dog?"

- "I'm not scared!" replied Jane.

- "Yeah, and your entire is not shaking at all!"

Jane looked at her hands which were shaking. She put them behind her before looking angrily at the redhead in front of her.

- "What do you want!?"

- "What? Nothing! It's you who hit me!" answered Bev.

- "Get out of here! Why are you even here!?" asked Jane.

- "I don't need an authorization to walk outside!"

- "It's a Red Eagles' territory, if you have problems, no one will help you!"

- "...Are you worried for me?" frowned the redhead.

- "No! But I don't want my dudes to waste their times with a stupid dyke like you!"

- "Every girl is a dyke for you?"

- "Wh-what!?"

- "You call every girl you see "a dyke", why?"

- "Because it's an insult! I'm just insulting you!"

- "I don't feel insulted, I've no problems with people's sexuality."

Jane frowned.

- "I don't give a fuck about your life! Leave me alone!"

- "Can I walk with you?" asked Bev.

- "No!"

- "I'll do it anyway."

The brunette rolled her eyes and walked away, followed by the redhead. Beverly didn't know if annoying Jane was a good idea, but she really wanted to get through her armor, she was sure this girl wasn't very different of her and her friends.

- "Can I ask you something?"

- "No!"

- "What kind of hobbies do you have?"