Chapter 1 : Bad meeting

The week of school was finally over. Will joined his friends who were waiting for him in front of the building. Mike, Lucas, Dustin, Max, and Gary were all here.

- "Hey Will, you're ready?" asked Mike.

- "Yeah, but you don't have to come, it's not really a safe place."

- "It's fine, if they bother us, we'll kick their ass!" joked the redhead.

- "I don't wanna be offensive, but I don't think you've a chance against them," told Dustin.

- "They're just a bunch of girls spoiled rotten, I'm not scared of that!"

- "I'm pretty sure they have no chance against you," said Gary.

- "Thank you! That's why I'm dating him and not all of you!"

The group chuckled. They all took the bus in direction of Joyce's work. The woman was working in a special center for girls who had problems with justice and everything else, some even considered as very dangerous. Will didn't know how she could spend her days in this place, it was so hostile! Sometimes, he saw her coming back at home with bruises because one of the girls assaulted her.

The bus stopped at a few meters of the center, forcing the teens to walk, except Max and Gary who had their skateboards. The building was surrounded by high railings and fences. The place was sad, with no colors, barely grass on the ground. They took a back door, avoiding the violent residents. They arrived in a rest room where the staff was taking break sometimes or debating about the residents. The teens were standing on their feet, taking support on the furniture. They were talking when a girl appeared at the door.

She was tall, thin, and muscular, with dark brown hair styled in back, brown eyes with a black eye around the left one. She had piercings on her face: on her right eyebrow, her ears, on her nose, and on her bottom lip on the left. Her get-up was original: dirty black boots, black jeans -falling a bit and showing her underwear- with holes and a chain on her left side, a black bandana around her wrist with other bracelets, rings on her fingers, bandages on her hands, a jean jacket with spikes and no sleeves, necklaces, and a black bra. They could see all her tattoos on her arms -like a red eagle, a phoenix, some Disney characters, and more- her chest -by instance a big tiger roaring- and her neck -like a dragon.

She slowly entered with her cold stare, judging all of them one by one. She approached them before stopping and turning to the redhead, getting closer and crossing her arms in front of her, looking deeply in her eyes without saying a word.

- "What!?" snapped Max.

- "You look like a dyke," replied the brunette.

- "And!? You want some!?"

- "I'm not a dirty pussy eater like you!"

- "Why do you fucking care!?"

- "That's disgusting," scoffed the girl.

She stepped back, placing two of her fingers in V around her mouth before moving her tongue like if she was licking, showing another piercing on her tongue, before continuing her round. She looked at Gary but didn't give him too much importance before stopping in front of Will. The young boy felt his knees shaking, he didn't know what this girl had in mind, but it was certainly not friendly.

- "JANE!" said a woman's voice from the corridor.

Joyce entered the room before grabbing the brunette by her arm and taking her aside.

- "I told you to wait outside, what don't you understand in this sentence!?"

- "(brutally frees herself) I don't give a fuck of your shit! I do what the hell I want!"

- "No, you don't, and that's exactly what you don't want to understand! You can't be here, so, go outside and wait for me, am I clear!?"

- "Fuck off, sexy mother!" replied Jane, pushing Joyce.

- "Go outside, and stop calling me like that, I'm not your friend!" stated firmly the woman.

- "Fucking not! You're just a fucking bitch!"

- "What nice words, now, go in the corridor."

- "No!"

- "You want to be isolated again!?"

- "You won't, you don't have balls to do it!"

Joyce rolled her eyes, grabbed Jane by her arm, and forced her to go in the corridor before closing the door, not wanting the teens to see this. The mother blocked the young girl against the wall.

- "What's your goal?" asked Joyce with her voice down. "You see the judge in one week, you don't want to stack all the odds in your favor?"

- "You like that, huh? Touching young girls, it's your thing, right?"

- "Stop that."

- "You're horny, you smell sex, I'm sure you're wet."

- "Enough, Jane. Don't talk like that to adults, is it clear?"

- "Maybe your thing is to yell at me, give me orders, you wanna me be your thing, huh? That's what you like!? You're like everyone!" got angry Jane.

Jane began to become more aggressive, trying to push Joyce, but the mother managed to stay strong. Two other educators entered the building and ran to them, grabbed Jane, and forced her to follow them.

- "Isolate her!" ordered Joyce.

The woman took a moment to breath and calm herself before entering again the room where all the teens were.

- "Are you ok?" asked Will with a worried tone.

- "Yeah, I'm fine. Jane is a complicated girl."

- "We saw!" told Max.

- "Did she hurt one of you?"

- "No, she just scared the shit out of us!" answered Mike.

- "I can't blame you for this, she can be very scary when she wants."

- "You're not scared to see her every day!?" said her son.

- "Sometimes. But, I don't want to show her, she could use it to break me down, and she won't. She will certainly be out next week anyway so..."

- "They'll let that out!?" frowned Lucas.

- "Well, you know the gang of the Red Eagles? Her father is the leader of the gang."

- "No way!"

- "Yeah, she thinks she has all right, and, to be honest, I think that too."

- "She has no chance. She'll certainly die of an overdose or someone will kill her," told Max.

- "Don't say that! I still have hope for her!"

- "Really!? I mean, if she is here, her chances are small!"

- "That's my work to be sure she won't die but...she is really complicated. Anyway, I'm not allowed to talk about them so, let's just go, you can wait for me outside, I finish my file and I come, ok?"

The group nodded before leaving the building. They couldn't believe what they just saw, Will's body was shaking of fear, wondering how his mother could work in this place, it seemed so dangerous!

Joyce joined them a few minutes later like if nothing happened. She was so used to these kinds of situations that it was nothing for her. Just a normal day.