Chapter 20 : Drugs

Everything was moving around; she couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't. The wall smiling to her was certainly not real, but it was sure creepy as hell. And the gong too, but the headache was more than real, she was sure her brain was slowly tightening, contracting every muscle in her body, burning her forehead, and numbing her members. She hadn't moved for a while now, feeling the vomit ready to go out her throat at any moment, and as she was on the bed on the top, she wasn't in a good position to run to the toilet. She wasn't even sure to be able to stand. She fought against Mona, and the guards didn't really appreciate that and send her again in solitary confinement. But the room was different than the last time, it was covered of blood, and the sounds were indescribable. She didn't know how long, but it was longer than the last time, she was sure of it, and they drugged her, she wasn't feeling this bad the last time. She was suffocating in this room, it was so hot, she could feel the burning beads of sweat falling on her face. Clarissa appeared on her field of vision, standing from her bed. Her lips were moving, but no sounds were reaching her ears. The only thing she could hear was a loud music with high-pitched sounds, again and again. The blonde girl put her fingers on Jane's neck, pouted, and went to the door before hammering on it. Jane saw Clarissa placing her hands against the wall, and then guards entered, their guns pointed at her. One of them approached the brunette in her bed, yelled at someone before watching Jane again. Someone else entered, stabbed Jane with a syringe, and placed a potato bag on her head before taking her away.

She got stuck a moment between a dream and the real life, like if she was watching people living around her while she was just there. She hated this feeling, not being able to move, not understanding what was happening, not knowing if it would end, if she would feel better. She was wondering if all of this had an end; she was so drained, like if someone sucked her soul out of her body, like if happiness wasn't existing anymore (even if it wasn't very present before jail for her) like if a life without pain wasn't possible anymore; she tried to fight, but she was so close to give up right now that if she had the opportunity to die, she would take it with no hesitation.

She woke up in a startle, breathing heavily and loudly with her mouth, feeling a pain in her chest. She looked around and noticed she was next to the toilet of her cell. How did she get back there? She was soaked of her cold sweat, but she could feel her members this time.

- "You're finally awake, Sleeping Beauty?" told Clarissa who was sitting on her bed.

- "Wh-what happened?" asked Jane, trying to calm her breath.

- "You were completely kaput, so I called the guards, they took you out, and then they brought you back like if nothing happened!"

- "I feel sick."

- "That's why I put you in front of the toilet, I didn't want you to puke on me while I was asleep!"

Jane weakly sat against the wall, but everything was still turning around her.

- "You know, you should stop acting like you do if you don't wanna them to bump you off."

- "I don't care. I hope they will."

- "Don't be stupid, I'm sure your dudes of the Red Eagles are waiting for your come back!"

- "No, they're fearing it, and they are right," said Jane with a calm but creepy tone.

- "You're gonna kill them!?"

- "Worse."

- "Worse?"

- "There is worse than death, you said it yourself."

- "You're scary," stated the blonde teen.

- "More than you think."

Clarissa didn't answer, worrier than before. This girl was nut, but she had no chance to survive here, those guards would end her life soon, they were not the kind to keep troublemakers like her alive. Jane stayed a moment sat on the ground, trying to regain consciousness completely, and she didn't have lots of places to stay anyway. The two girls remained quiet, both looking what was in front of them; the bed above her for Clarissa, and the toilet for Jane, it was the best views they could have.

- "Is there a way to get out of here?" asked Jane.

- "Do your time," answered Clarissa.

- "No, I mean, another way."

- "Yeah, if you die, you are, in a way, free!"

- "There is no other way..."

Jane clenched her jaw of frustration. She was hoping every day to leave this place, she was strong, but it needed more than strength to survive here. She knew she could do her time, but she knew she wouldn't live like before ever again, it would be hard to have a normal life after.

- "HANDS ON THE WALL!"

Clarissa and Jane rolled their eyes before standing and placing their hands on the wall. Two guards entered, palpated them, and forced them to get out of their cell. The two girls put their hands on the security barrier.

- "What are they doing?" frowned Jane.

- "I don't know, but I don't like that," answered Clarissa with a shaking voice.

Jane looked around to watch the other cellmates, but they all seemed as lost as her. She met Mona's eyes who threatened her by placing her thumb on her throat and moved it from the right to the left like if she was cutting someone's throat. Jane's biggest dream was to see this bitch being tortured, losing her mind, and struggling to live with all this pain after that, that was all she was wishing right now.

A few minutes later, all the girls were out of their cells. The elephant went in the middle of the first floor and began to call some of the girls.

- "What is she doing?" murmured Jane.

- "I...I...It's not good..." answered Clarissa, with tears in her eyes.

- "D5GC52YG!" yelled the elephant.

Clarissa let go the security barrier before joining a guard who handcuffed her and took her with the others. Jane wasn't understanding, why did they need so much girls? It was weird, she had a bad feeling.

- "N5DJ38XX!"

Well, she would know what all of that was. Jane was separated by four girls from Clarissa, but she could tell that the blonde girl was panicking inside her, same for the others, even Mona. What was that? How everyone was knowing what was happening except her? She began to feel a knot in her stomach, but it was certainly because of all the drugs she had. When the elephant finished, the guards put again potato bags on their heads. Jane began to walk thanks to the arm holding her, not knowing where she was going. Now, she was on her knees, her hands in her back, still in the dark. The girl next to her was crying. Someone was slowly walking in front of them, from the right to the left, and the left to the right. She had no idea of what they were doing. After a moment, the steps stopped, Jane heard a click, and then...

"BANG!"

Jane startled and began to shake, while some of the other girls screamed. The brunette couldn't believe it, they couldn't shoot them like that! People would know, it wasn't possible! The steps began to come closer to her, and another "BANG" sounded. This time, Jane felt splashes. The steps kept going and stopped. Jane felt the barrel of a gun on her forehead.