Chapter 5 : Skatepark

When they arrived at the skatepark, they had the bad surprise to see a group of young people sitting on the rails and some ramps. Max sighed loudly with her nose when Jane saluted her with her middle finger in her direction.

- "There are benches where you can put your stupid asses!" told angrily the redhead.

- "But we're skating, we're just taking a break," answered Jane with a provoking smile.

- "You're not taking a break, you're just getting high and thinking this is your territory! But, it's not yours, it's everyone's, so, if you could have the small courtesy to take your "break" somewhere else, it would be better!"

Jane scoffed, threw her cigarette on the floor, before leaving Kevin's arms to face Max very close to her face. The redhead didn't step back or look down, it would make Jane too happy. The brunette crossed her arms and looked deeply in the redhead's eyes with her over-dilated pupils. She slowly leaned to her, putting her nose against hers. Max felt her breathing getting faster and her heart racing. What did this girl have in her mind!? Jane slid her nose against the redhead's cheek before reaching her ear and murmuring:

- "Have fun."

Jane kissed her ear before walking away, hitting her with her shoulder, followed by her flock, hitting Max's friends with their shoulders too. Max had a relieved long sigh with her mouth, feeling the tension decreasing.

- "Are you ok?" asked Gary.

- "Yeah," answered Max, breathing heavily.

- "You still wanna skate?" said Bev.

- "I, I don't know...If I skate, she will see me and it will disturb me, but if I forced her to move for nothing, I don't know what she could do!"

- "You should take a minute to calm down, we can skate, and if you don't, it's fine, like that you didn't throw them away for nothing, ok?"

- "Yeah, ok."

The redhead sat on the rail while Bev and the others began to skate in the bowl. She could feel her cold eyes on her. Why did she have to bully her like that!? She did nothing to her! Nobody could be this much resentful. This girl had a serious problem.

- "Stop looking at her like that!" told Mallory, hitting Jane's arm.

- "Why?"

- "She did nothing wrong!"

- "She talked to me like shit!"

- "She is on the defensive with you, you headbutted her in the subway!"

- "You're on her side now!?" asked angrily Jane.

- "No, but you don't need to be an asshole with them, they just want to skate, and if you weren't always so...you, they wouldn't need to yell at you to feel an ounce of authority on you. Do you understand what I mean?"

- "Yeah. (slowly turns her head and looks at her with bulging eyes) I'm an asshole. You don't give a fuck about me, I'm pretty sure you didn't miss me when I was in this goddamn center!"

- "Jane, you know that's not true! Stop acting like that!"

- "Don't worry, (jumps from the wall) I'm leaving, like that, everyone is happy!"

- "Come on, Jane, don't take it like that!"

Jane didn't listen to her; she was so pissed right now that she could kill all of them just because she couldn't stand them. She took some beers, her spliff, her bag, and her skateboard before going away. She met the redhead's eyes and said goodbye to her by showing her middle finger in her direction. It wasn't her side of the town anyway; she wasn't feeling at her place in here; people's look on her was making her uncomfortable. Everyone wondered why teens were so violent, but if the adults weren't looking at them like little shits, everything would be fine! She didn't care anyway; they were all assholes.