Chapter 14 : Solitary confinement

The lunch time was the only moment of "freedom". Jane was still trying to figure out what she was eating. It was the third time and she was still thinking it was cement, especially when she was trying to digest it. They only had one fork and one glass of water. The brunette understood why they didn't want them to have knives, it would be war instead. She was trying to gulp down her meal with Clarissa and Tania when a group of girls sat next to them in an oppressive way. Jane didn't need to turn her head to know who it was, the bench collapse was enough.

- "'Looking for a bone to chew?" provoked Jane.

- "I'm sure there is one in your tiny body!" answered Mona with the same tone.

The two girls quickly stood, stuck out their chests, dilated their nostrils, and closed their fists. Jane needed to wring her neck to look deeply in her eyes, Mona was taller than she thought. Well, she knew she was tall, but she was far, and now, she was not far anymore. But she didn't fade, she wasn't scared, she fought with bigger dish.

- "Your stupid birdies finally understood that the west district is ours!?" told Mona.

- "We kicked your asses of parasites of this place, dumbass! It has always been ours!"

- "No fucking way! It's our territory!"

- "Peeing everywhere don't mark territories, doggy!" continued Jane.

- "How did you call me, parrot!?"

- "Girls! Just get to the point!" intervened a girl next to them sitting next to Tania. "Come on Mona, kick her ass like she deserves!"

- "You're a baker too!?" asked the brunette.

- "Hell yeah I am! Laura is a damn Blue Wolf!"

- "Tania!"

- "What!?"

- "Strong arm!"

The black girl frowned but closed tight her hand around her fork in direction of the ceiling. Jane grabbed Laura's hair firmly and stabbed her face on Tania's fork. The other prisoners inhaled loudly of shock while Jane was proudly smirking. Tania saw a red and transparent liquid running on her fork, then on her hand, then on the table. The black girl screamed of terror, letting go the fork which was still standing. Clarissa, sitting in front of all of this, was trying to not puke on the table. Jane pulled Laura's head to show everyone her piece of work. The fork was inside Laura's right eye while her face was covered of her own blood.

- "Mona, my eye hurts, what's happening!?" whined the girl.

- "What the fuck is that!? You're fucking crazy!" stated Mona, disgusted.

- "Yeah, (throws Laura on Mona) I'm Crazy Jane! And nobody fucks with me!"

Jane saw the guards arriving in running to her and preferred letting them do their work. She raised her hands in the air, smiling, before being knocked out by one of them.

Everything was dark around her. She couldn't move her body. There was someone else. She couldn't see who, but she could hear them. Someone was breathing. A slow but loud breathing, making her blood run cold. She wanted to scream, to ask for help, but she couldn't. She wanted to run away, or to see what it was, but she couldn't. The thing began to move. It was running! In her direction! She was hearing their steps going faster and faster, approaching her, and their breathing louder and louder. It stopped. Their breathing was caressing her skin. The white light switched on. Two black eyes looking nowhere appeared, the chin was sharp, the face was gray, there was no nose, and their hair were like spider legs. Jane tried to move, but the wall was behind her. When the monster smiled, showing their sharp teeth, Jane cried out in fear.

The brunette startled. She was hearing gongs in her head and feeling a hot liquid on her left cheek. Her entire body was numbed, and she was feeling sick, her stomach was burning, she knew she would throw up at the first movement. She managed to open her heavy eyelids, but everything was blurry, she didn't recognize the room, everything was white, it was blinding her. Her ears were loudly buzzing, and the room seemed to reel around her, which could explain why she was seasick. But where was she? She didn't remember who brought her here, and why she was here. Loud screams of terror sounded in the room, frightening the brunette who began to breath heavily. She managed to take support on her hands to know what all of this was and saw that she was passed out in her own vomit. She stumbled through the room, but the journey was short; after two steps she was already at the other wall.

- "HEY ASSHOLES! STOP THAT SHIT!" yelled Jane, not really knowing where to look at. "YOU WON'T GET ME! I'M A RED EAGLE! THIS IS NOTHING FOR ME!"

The brunette hated being in a position of weakness, there was no way out! And she didn't know how they worked yet! How long was it going to last!? And what would happen next!? She didn't want them to think they had every power on her, she wasn't trained for this. She was so angry right now that she threw her own body on the walls, again and again, showing them they had no power on her! She was strong, she was smart, and those screams wouldn't get into her head!

Hours, or days, or months, or even years later. Jane was hunched up in a corner, her hands flattened on her ears, not wanting to hear those noises again. But it was in her head now, it was resonating all over her body, in her organs, in her muscles, in her bones; this terror was inside her now. She could see it too. There were bloody heads everywhere, their eyes looking at her, like if they knew who she was, like if they were judging her. But she never had the choice! They had no rights to judge her like that, they didn't know her, and they were dead, they couldn't judge her. It wasn't real. It wasn't real, it wasn't real, it wasn't real! But it seemed so real for her! After a moment, she saw a woman approaching her. She wasn't scary, she was even smiling to her.

- "I love you, Jane," said the woman in an echo.

- "Mom?" mumbled Jane, out of energy.

- "I'm proud of you, I love you."

- "Why did you leave, then?"

- "I love you."

The woman slowly stepped back before disappearing.

- "Mom? Mom! Come back! I need you!"

Jane looked around but she was alone again. She tried to stand, but the lack of energy made her pass out again.

A man in black overalls and a mask of a skeleton entered quickly the room. He put a bag on her head, chains around her wrists and ankles, and forced her to follow him. Jane struggled to stay on her feet, her muscles were like shrunk, and she was dizzy. She had walked for...she didn't even know how long! The jail was apparently very wide. After a moment, she heard the guard yelling:

- "HANDS ON THE WALL!"

She never thought she would say that, but she hoped she was going back in her cell. She executed the usual procedure to take off the chains, but this time the bag was taken off at last. Once freed, she turned around and saw her two cellmates who seemed surprised to see her.

- "What the fuck!? Jane!? You're still alive!" stated Tania.

- "How long?" asked Jane with a deep voice, worried to already know the answer.

- "Uh, uh...too long! Maybe weeks! That's why we thought you were dead!" told Clarissa.

- "You don't know when we are. You don't know what time it is. And you don't even know if it's daylight or night, because there are no fucking windows, no fucking clocks, no fucking schedule, they're trying to get us crazy here! But they won't get me, I lived worse to be a Red Eagle, they won't fucking get me!"

The brunette's right arm began to shake, so she decided to go in her bed to take some rest, and especially because she didn't want to see their eyes judging her. She wasn't done yet.