Chapter 30 : Some drugs

And Jane was right, the next day, Hopper decided to check again Cassandra's apartment to see if Jane was there. The woman let him enter this time. When he entered the bedroom of the young girl, Jane was playing a video game on her TV.

- "Hey Jane," smiled Hopper.

- "Hey Jim," answered the girl, stopping her video game.

- "Can I talk to you?"

- "Go on."

The man closed the door and sat on her desk chair next to her.

- "I'm happy to see you."

- "Oh really!? You came here just to tell me that!?"

- "No. A group of teenagers robbed a shop yesterday, and one of them was wearing a baby mask."

- "It wasn't me."

- "I know, you can barely move, but I'm sure the four others are the same teens who were with you when you got arrested."

- "Huh, huh."

- "You won't tell me their names?" asked Hopper, already knowing the answer.

- "Why would I!? It wouldn't change a thing!"

- "It would change a thing for the owner of the shop."

- "Pfff, if he has a good insurance, he will have good compensations."

Hopper didn't insist. He knew Jane too well, she wouldn't say a word, and now, she had no reason to do it. He didn't want to tell her, but he was glad she won the deathmatch.

- "What are you playing to?" asked the man.

- "Ratchet and Clank."

- "Oh, it's a new game?"

- "No, it's the first versions."

- "How many versions are there?"

- "Too many, the first three are the best. You have nothing better to do!?"

- "Yeah, I let you take some rest. (stands) If you need anything, you know you can call me, right?"

- "Get the fuck out of here."

Hopper nodded and left the apartment without reprimanding her; she was hurt and certainly still shocked about what happened, he didn't want to annoy her more.

Jane was glad Jim came here, like that, he knew she was too hurt to do something bad. Great, it was the best moment to take some revenge.

- "CASS'!" called the brunette.

- "(runs to the bedroom) Yes?"

- "Do you still have the red pills?"

- "Calilax?"

- "Yeah."

- "I think I still have some, why?" frowned the woman.

- "I need some."

Cassandra nodded, went to her bedroom, and brought her the drugs she asked. Jane took one pill to let it have effects on her at the right moment.

Now it was dark outside, the town was asleep, same for her aunt, it was the best moment. The Calilax she took a few hours ago was working on her, the pain she was feeling in her body was decreasing, it was bearable enough to move. She got out of her bed, opened her French door, and walked away through the gardens. She reached her private hideout where all her stuff was.

She put black military boots, black cargo pants, a black tee-shirt, a long black coat with a wide collar, black leather gloves, and a white mask covering her entire head with two opening for her eyes protected with glasses, black long triangles at the level of the mouth, and the half of a saw blade as a Mohawk haircut with red around it.

She hesitated with her weapons but opted for a red baseball bat and a red folding knife. She was ready.

She wandered in the empty streets, reaching the first house of the night: Franck's house. He had the bad habit to always contradict her, she was sure he turned Ahmed, Julia, and Jessica against her. He would pay for it.

The house was dark, except a light coming from the living-room. He was certainly watching TV or playing video games, at least he was alone. She slowly walked around the house to be sure she would find the right entrance. The back door, it would be perfect, it was far enough from the living-room. She forced the lock and slowly opened the door. She was in the kitchen. She found one of his guns on the table, took off the bullets, and placed it again on it. She kept walking and arrived in the living-room. The man was sleeping on his couch in front of a stupid reality show on TV. What a moron. She grabbed firmly her baseball bat in her hands and hit the TV with it. The screen exploded in a loud crash, making startle and scream Franck on the couch. The boy looked around before seeing the terrifying intruder.

- "WHAT THE FUCK!? GET OUT OF HERE!" yelled the man.

He grabbed a gun hid in his couch and tried to shoot her, but Jane was faster and managed to hit his wrist with her bat before he could pull the trigger. He fell on the floor and hid his face with his hands. Jane decided to break everything around: his dishes, his furniture, his video-game consoles, everything. Franck crawled on the ground, reaching his kitchen. Jane slowly followed him, dominating him. He managed to quickly stand, grabbed his gun on the kitchen's table, and shot. But nothing came out. Jane opened her arms and looked at her body like if she was mocking him for his failure.

- "What the fuck!? Take what you want, take everything, I don't care! I won't tell anyone! Please!"

Now he was begging, it was becoming better than she thought. But she didn't have all the night. She hit his left knee, making a loud crack and breaking it. Franck fell on the floor, crying of pain. He was so pathetic, not worthy of a Red Eagle. She kicked him many times in his belly, wanting him to have the same pain she got when she fought to leave the Hell they sent her. The guy rolled on his belly to protect himself. Jane didn't care; she grabbed her bat and began to hit his back, aiming particularly his spin. Franck had weird screams between a pig and a crying dog. When she was over, she crouched next to him, turned him, grabbed his tee-shirt, and raised him a bit to face him correctly. The man wide opened his eyes when he saw the Dragon tattoo on the neck.

- "Jane!? What the fuck!? You're out!?"

And now, she could see in his eyes that he knew he was fucked up. She dropped his body, took her knife, and stabbed it in his hands, blocking them in a prayer position. A bloody and painful prayer. She placed her left hand around his neck and punched him with her right one. His face transformed into something shapeless: his eyes couldn't opened as it was swollen and purple, his lips were red because of the blood which was drowning him, and his nose was so broken that the only thing which was holding it to his face was the small piece of skin. Once all her rage evacuated, Jane stood, left the house, and walked again in the empty streets.

The second house was just here.