Chapter 47 : Break up

Max was the first one to wake up. Luckily, she wasn't working this Sunday, which was a good thing knowing the night she just spent. She looked at her phone and saw it was only 10 AM. She sighed before getting out of her couch. She needed to pee, but she didn't want to wake Jane and Mallory up. She slowly opened her door and looked inside to see if they were awake or not. The two girls were fast asleep. She entered and walked on tiptoe in direction of her bathroom. She did what she had to do, washed her hands, and opened again her door to cross her bedroom, but she didn't see the bag on the floor, tripped on it and fell on the ground making a loud noise. Luckily, none of the girls woke up.

- "You're hurt?"

Well, she woke Jane up apparently.

- "No, no, sorry for waking you up," murmured the redhead.

- "I wasn't sleeping, just taking some rest."

- "Ok, (stands) you can come in the living-room, well, if you want."

- "Ok."

Max took her laptop which was on her desk and went in her living-room. She was surprised to see that Jane decided to join her. The brunette collapsed on the armchair and rubbed her face to wake her up.

- "Did you sleep after your nightmare?"

- "No."

- "You want some coffee?"

- "You don't have some hot chocolate instead?"

- "Sure. (stands and goes to her kitchen) It's funny, you don't look like someone who would drink hot chocolate for breakfast."

- "It's you who served me a hot chocolate the first."

- "You had never drunk hot chocolates before!?" frowned Max, turning to her.

- "Nope."

- "What did you have breakfast then?"

- "Depended of the day, I don't always eat in morning."

Max finished to prepare her hot chocolate before bringing it to her with a muffin and sitting on her couch.

- "Why are you nice with me?"

- "You really wanna know?" asked the redhead.

- "(straights up and leaned in direction of Max) Surprise me," said Jane.

- "(Max takes the same position of the other girl) Because I have pity for you."

Jane didn't really appreciate that, she hated when people had pity of her. She sucked her bottom lip of frustration before slowly leaning back.

- "Joyce once told me that you were acting like that because you wanted to be seen."

- "What the fuck does that mean?" scoffed the brunette.

- "I'm not sure, but it could mean that you need some attention."

- "So you're gonna give me some attention now?"

- "No, but I have pity for people who feel so lonely that they need to act stupidly to have some attention."

- "You still hate me, right?"

- "Of course," answered sharply Max. "You spend your time bullying me or my friends, you broke Bev's arm!"

- "I was just out of jail!"

- "Oh, wow, are you regretting it?"

- "What!? No! Fuck no!"

- "Why are you trying to find you an excuse then?"