Chapter 26 : Stab

Joyce was right. Clarissa had been out for a month now, and her mental health got worse and worse. The blonde girl was moody, crying every night, refusing to go out of the apartment, barely out of the bed, and was having a fit if Max was closing the window in her room. She even threw away her plates, telling her it wasn't tasting good. Max didn't know what to do, she was doing everything to stay away from her, working was like holidays for her. Today she joined her friends who were waiting for her in the dinner.

- "Hey," said Max, sitting next to Gary.

- "How are you?" asked Mike.

- "I'm so tired...Clarissa kept yelling again and again for no reason before going back in my bed to cry...I don't know what to do!"

- "She can't see a psychologist?" told Dustin.

- "She doesn't have money and I can't pay for this! I barely manage to make ends meet; I can't pay for everything! Your mother didn't find anyone?"

- "No, every time she tells them your cousin is from Blackbirds, it's a categorical no," pouted Will.

- "Why?" frowned Lucas.

- "Because they can't talk about what happened in jail, and the psychologists had the order to tell the police if they do."

- "What the fuck!? That's so weird!" stated Clara.

- "Why do you think they all finish in depression!"

- "She doesn't have parents?" asked Gabrielle.

- "It's...complicated," told Max. "When she finished in jail, my aunt and my uncle totally disappeared from our lives."

- "I can ask my mom if she can talk to her, maybe she can help her without her talking about jail," proposed Will.

- "If she can, she is welcomed when she wants."

- "I'll talk to her."

- "Thank you."

The waiter brought them their orders, allowing the teens to change the subject. Mike explained them that the police found a rent garage with lots of stolen objects, but none of his was there. Despite all these aggressions, the police were unable to find them. Max didn't know how they hadn't found them yet, they were always following her, assaulting her, or just looking at her while she was walking, to be sure she wouldn't do the same mistake again.

- "My mom accepts to meet your cousin," told Will, putting his phone back in his pocket.

- "Ok, cool, when?" asked Max.

- "When you want."

- "You think she could come today?"

- "Yeah, sure, I ask her."

- "Thank you."

She hoped Joyce could do something for her, because Max couldn't stay all day long with her to watch her, but she was scared she could do something irrevocable. Anyway, now she was trying to enjoy her moments with her friends, wanting to change her mind, and Bev seemed to feel better, she was smiling and laughing, it had been a while they hadn't see her teeth. Everything seemed fine. But it didn't last. The redhead turned her head to look outside and recognized those four masks who had followed her for weeks now.

- "Shit!" exclaimed Max.

- "What's wrong?" frowned Gary.

The redhead raised her arm to show them. All the table, except Gabrielle and Clara, recognized the clown mask, it was there when they were in Mike's basement. Bev recognized the one with the vampire mask too, it was the one who shot her father.