Chapter 61 : The date

One week later, Max and Jane could finally have their date. Joyce preferred them to have a date in a private place, so Max decided to organize everything in her own apartment. Joyce drove Jane to the apartment and accompanied her to the door before leaving the two girls alone.

- "So, you already know the apartment, take a seat, I prepared dinner," told Max going to her kitchen.

- "Nice, I'm hungry," smiled Jane, sitting on the couch.

Max came back with two plates of mac n cheese and sat next to Jane. The brunette seemed a bit uncomfortable, but the redhead didn't know why.

- "Are you ok? You look so sheepish and stressed right now," told Max.

- "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, of course I'm fine, it's just...I've never been on a date before, I'm not sure to know what to do," confessed Jane.

- "Just be yourself, that's all I'm asking, I mean, it's just a night with me, nothing more."

Jane nodded and weakly smiled.

- "Now eat before it gets cold."

- "Sure," smirked Jane. "Thanks for...you know, like, forgiving me for everything and giving me a chance...I don't think I deserve it—"

- "You do."

- "Well, I'm not that sure, I did lots of things, bad things, and—"

- "Stop talking," chuckled Max. "Just enjoy the moment, you'll blame yourself with your psychologist who will certainly tell you the same thing that I did."

- "Oh yeah? And what is it?"

- "The Jane you were is not the Jane you are now. I can understand that it's hard for you to see it, but one day you will, and I would have never asked the old Jane in a date."

- "Yeah, that's kinda true."

- "That's totally true," smiled the redhead.

Jane rolled her eyes and chuckled, which amused Max. The two girls began to eat their pastas while talking about each other. Max began to apply for colleges, but she wasn't sure she could go in there because it was expensive and she was poor, but she was still hopping to have a study grant for at least one college. Jane wasn't seeing herself in a college, but Hopper insisted to her to do the exams of the end of the year, so she made tests and the school allowed her to do the exams as an external candidate.

- "How is it with Hopper?" asked Max.

- "It's ok, I guess, it's still a bit weird, but we need some time to be used to this situation. But he is correct with me, I don't have to complain."

- "That's great, I'm happy for you. I'm sure he will be a good father with you."

- "It's hard to be worse than Leonard, but he always treated me well when he arrested me, so, I'm not scared," smiled Jane.

- "That's good, you deserve it."

Jane smirked before turning to the redhead. She felt her heart racing of desire and didn't control it. She leaned to her and kissed her. Max couldn't hold her smile while she was kissing back Jane; she even put her hands on the other girl's cheeks to get her closer to her, to make one with her. Jane moved her hands from Max's knees to go closer to her butt, making explode the butterflies in their bellies. The two girls stood and decided to finish the night in the bedroom.

Several minutes later, the two girls were laying down on the bed, panting and sweating, their faces in direction of the ceiling.

- "It was worth it to wait," told Max.