Chapter 39 : Not a dyke

As Joyce predicted, Jane wasn't with her aunt the next day. Nobody knew where she was or with who she was. Hopper tried to find new leads for his investigation and to let Jane out of this, by hearing her friends, she was having enough problems.

In fact, Jane was sleeping outside since she got beaten by her father. She didn't want people to see her this bad, at least she was nobody when she was a hobo. After one week, her eyes finally went down, she could open it again. She grabbed some beers, stood from her spot, and decided to come back to life again. She managed to steal some pills to another hobo which decreased the pain in her right arm. She limped in the street, hood on her head, before reaching the square where all the teens were skating. She took the stairs and placed her hands on the metallic gate to look the life in front of her. She was hating so much everyone right now. Why people could be happy while she wasn't even allowed to live!? It wasn't fair, and she would make regret all these people to be happy in front of her like that, they didn't deserve those smiles, those good moments they were all living, it was fake, love didn't exist.

- "Jane?"

The brunette got cut in her thoughts. She turned her head and saw Mallory. The blonde had a shocked face when she saw that Jane's skin was literally blue and purple on the right side.

- "Ugly, right!?" answered Jane with a sharp tone, dilating her nostrils and closing tight her hands on the gate.

- "I...I, I'm so sorry..." told Mallory with tears in her eyes.

- "It was your idea!? (Mallory nods) I'm not surprised, you're fucking stupid!"

- "I just wanted to help you!"

- "I don't need your help! This is what happens when you help me! Are you fucking happy!? Is that what you wanted!? You idiot! You're just good to show your ass to an audience!"

- "Jane..."

- "What!? WHAT!? Bouhou, Jane I'm so sorry; I don't wanna hear you! Everything was fine before you decided to intervene!"

- "That's not true, and you know it!"

- "How can you dare contradict a Red Eagle!? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?"

- "Jane, please, calm down, you are not angry at me, right?"

- "OF COURSE I'M ANGRY AT YOU! THIS IS YOUR FAULT!"

Jane felt so much anger that she lost control of her own body. She didn't think and magic slapped her friend who collapsed on the ground. Medhi and Melissa, who were not far, ran in their direction. The boy crouched next to Mallory while Melissa grabbed Jane by her hoodie and blocked her against a wall.

- "Do you realize what you just did!?" asked furiously Melissa. "Look at her, how did you dare hit your friend!"

- "Come on, punch me, you want it so much," said Jane, waggling her eyebrows.

- "No, you would be so happy about this. What's wrong with you!?"

- "Everything is fine, don't you see!? Look how beautiful life is!"

- "Come on, Jane, talk to me! I can see that you're not ok, what's happening?"

- "I'm a monster, but (puts her finger on her lips) sssssh, you can't tell anyone!" answered Jane before weirdly laughing.

- "You're fucking drunk, asshole! You are going too far! Having a shitty life doesn't give you the right to treat your friends like that!" got irritated Melissa.

- "Friends!? I don't have friends, bitch! Get off me! GET OFF ME!"

Jane began to struggle and spat on Melissa's face to unsettle her. The purple-haired girl threw Jane behind her, making her fall, and wiped her face.