Chapter 42 : Back to school

Summer was over, meaning that Max and her friends were going back in the hell that adults liked to call high school. When Max entered the school, she saw Alban and his friends surrounding Beverly against the lockers. The redhead didn't hesitate and ran to them before pushing some of them.

- "What the fuck are you doing!? Leave her alone!"

- "Oh, look who is here! The other redhead! Maybe you wish that your stepfather fucked you too!?" replied Alban.

- "What!? What the fuck are you talking about!?"

- "Everyone knows that this little girl is missing her daddy's dick! We're just helping her to get through this with our daddy's dicks!"

- "Get the fuck out of here, you're disgusting, and I'm not sure you can call yourself a "daddy" when just a slap let you unconscious for almost an entire hour!"

Alban became red of anger and embarrassment while his friends were laughing at him. The blonde teen didn't support to be humiliated like that. He jumped on Max, grabbed her by her jacket, and made her fall on the floor before punching her in her face. Beverly jumped on him, making him fall. Derek, one of his friends, punched Beverly in her stomach, forcing her to bend. Max quickly stood, ignoring the blood running from her nose, and kicked Derek in his balls. The boy fell on the floor, holding his private part. Alban attacked again and took a metal bin to hit Max's back. The redhead fell again, giving Alban an opportunity to punch Bev in her jaw. The girl fell on the floor, completely dazed. The blonde teen began to lose it. He took off his belt and used it to hit the two girls. Even his friends seemed scared by him. Max couldn't believe it; it was like if she was condemned to be whipped with a belt. She rolled on her side and put her body on Bev's to protect her. She didn't know what to do, when it was just Neil, she was completely frozen, not expecting anyone to help her, but here, there were people around, why nobody was moving!? They were certainly as terrified as her. After a few seconds which seemed hours, she heard someone running and yelling at them. Alban stopped whipping them and ran away. She felt two hands on her, but the girl thought it was still one of them.

- "Max, it's me, it's Lucas!"

The redhead gave a quick look at him and felt relieved immediately.

- "Oh my god, Lucas, I'm so happy to see you, you have no idea!"

When she sat, she saw that all her friends were here. Joyce arrived in running near the two girls. Bev was conscious, but she was terrified, she didn't know how they did to know about her father. Lucas helped Max to walk while Mike helped Bev. They brought the two girls in the nursery where Joyce would take care of their wounds.

- "Don't tell Neil, please, since I finished at the police station, he is completely crazy!"

- "I won't, don't worry, if the headmaster needs an adult with you, I'll be here."

- "Thank you..."

- "What happened?" asked Dustin.

- "Alban and his stupid friends were annoying Bev when I arrived about...you know."

- "Oh...I'm sorry..."

Bev nodded with tears in her eyes. Mike noticed that Max was shaking, so he sat next to her and wrapped his arms around her.

- "You ok?" asked the boy.

- "Yeah, just...shaken."

- "How did he know?" frowned Will. "None of us talked about it to anyone, right?"

- "Maybe someone who is not part of us did," told Lucas.

- "Don't accuse Jane with no proofs," intervened Joyce.