Chapter 17 : Weird nurse

Some people were talking, but they seemed far from here, she couldn't understand what they were saying, and there was this constant beep near her ear, covering the noise. It was so hot; it was certainly Summer right now. She slowly opened her eyes; but squinted because of the lights above her head. She saw a shape approaching her. But when this shape bended above her, Jane felt her heart stopping. This thing wasn't human! It had the face of a dog, but without the bottom jaw, showing his hanging out tongue and all the inside of his bloody throat. Jane wide opened her eyes and cried out of fear. She tried to get out of the bed, but she realized her body was tied up on it with chains. She kept fighting against the chains like if she could break with her body, but in vain. The dog nurse put her hands on Jane's shoulders and tried to stop her, but Jane kept moving, wanting to go away, too terrified.

- "Silence," said slowly the dog nurse.

But the brunette didn't stop, she even became more agitated. The nurse took off her hands of her and placed a towel in the young girl's mouth. Jane was still trying to run away, until an electric discharge travelled along her body. All her muscles tensed, and her back arched, sinking the chains in her skin. She felt her members shaking uncontrollably, full of pins and needles, and whined of pain, not able to do something else. The nurse decided it wasn't enough quiet and gave a stronger electric discharge. Jane's body tensed again, but this time, her muscles were numbed, she was empty, not even able to whine. Her breathe was slow, and her eyes were stuck, looking at the ceiling. She couldn't think, her headache was too powerful, she could just pass out.

Jane was woken up by someone shaking her. When she opened her eyes, she saw Clarissa above her. The brunette tried to straighten sit, but her body was hurting too much, so she laid down again.

- "Are you ok?" asked the blonde girl.

- "I...I guess," answered Jane with difficulties. "Where is Tania?"

- "I don't know. They took her away, and I haven't seen again since."

- "How...how long..."

- "I don't know, I thought you were dead, people who disappear this long never come back! What happened to you?"

- "D-dogs...everywhere..."

- "Uh, ok. You're lucky to be alive."

- "I wish I died..."

- "I would like to tell you that things will be better...but it won't...I'm so tired of all of this...I don't know what's going to happen, I hallucinate most of the time, I have nightmares, I don't know which day we are, I don't even know how old I am anymore..." told Clarissa, her throat tightening and tears falling from her eyes. "I want this to end...I can't handle this anymore..."

- "Stop crying, you're pathetic!" answered sharply Jane.

- "I wasn't expecting comfort from you, you're an asshole, but I've only you right now, and you, you have only me, you created a mess by treating RJ like that, it's war now, the followers began to go up against the leaders, the guards are always on the defensive, shooting at us to scare us or using their tasers, this is worse than before, and I didn't know it was even possible! We'll have executions soon, and I would be worried if I was you."

- "I'm not scared to die."

- "Me neither, but there is worse than dying here, and you can't tell otherwise, you look awful every time you come back."

Jane didn't answer. A Red Eagle was not scared, no matter what; she knew she could handle what happened to her. Clarissa pushed her and laid down next to her.

- "What the fuck!? Get out of here!" grumbled the brunette.

- "This is my bed, and I'm tired, if you want to go to your bed, do it yourself," answered Clarissa with a bad mood.

- "Fuck off."

- "Yeah, whatever, you don't care about anyone, why should I care about you, then?"

- "Because you're alone and you can't stand being alone."

- "Being alone here is not a good idea, it's the best way to become crazy, you should be careful."

- "Shut up now, I'm tired to hear your stupid voice."

The blonde girl didn't appreciate her remark and hit the brunette's belly. Jane bended, her hands on her belly, and muffled her pain in her mouth.

- "Bitch," told Jane between her teeth.

- "Take some rest and stop talking," smirked Clarissa.

The brunette closed her eyes and tried to sleep, but her pain was stabbing at her wounds, and she could feel the dogs on her, their fangs in her skin, their smells in her nose, their bulging eyes looking at her. Sometimes she was even hearing them barking in her ears, but it wasn't possible, she knew it, that was the only reason she wasn't crying out of fear. She was trying to focus on her only goal for now, her revenge. She was imagining herself terrifying those four assholes, begging for her to spare them. But why would she? It was their faults if she was there right now, being treated like a toy, suffering every day, fighting to not lose her mind, she had no reason to spare them! She wouldn't kill them anyway, but she wanted them to have after-effects; every time they would limp, they would think of her, every time they would need help to do something because they couldn't do it alone anymore, they would think of her, every time they would see their scars, they would think of her. She wanted to be in their minds, to remind them who was the boss, to remind them that they were weak pieces of shit, that they were nothing without her, that they looked for shit with the wrong person.

- "You can't sleep?" asked the blonde girl.

- "Do I really need to answer!?" answered sharply Jane.

Clarissa rolled on her left side to watch Jane and said:

- "What do you miss the most?"

- "What?" frowned the brunette.

- "From your life, what do you miss the most?"

- "..."

- "Me, I miss my cousin. We were very close to each other, we both have creepy families, my parents are weird, always fighting for nothing, and her parents...well they divorced and now she lives with her mother and her stepfather, he is an asshole, I hope she is fine...I hope I'll see her again..."

The blonde girl felt sad by thinking of her cousin, she was wondering if she was still with her family. She looked at Jane, but the brunette was frowning, like if she was thinking hard of something.

- "You need to cling to something if you don't wanna lose yourself."

Jane nodded. Clarissa closed her eyes and fell asleep. The brunette couldn't stop wondering what she was missing, except food and freedom, now, she wasn't missing lots of things. Her revenge was the thing she was clung to. Like usual.