Chapter 34 : A knife

Max had a free day and decided to spend the morning with her boyfriend. The two lovers went to the park to walk under the hot sun, holding each other's hands. She knew she would spend a good day, for lunch they would join their friends at the diner to listen to Bev and Will's gossips about the reception cocktail they went. She was curious to know if something interesting happened. But things were not as perfect as she hoped.

- "Damn, why does she have to be here!?" grumbled the redhead.

- "She is just picking a dog shit up with a tissue, she is not harming anyone," answered Gary.

- "This is suspicious, she is not the kind to do those things."

- "People can change."

- "Not people like her."

Max looked at the girl walking with the dog shit in her hand to know what she was going to do. She was surprised to see her going to a bin, but she quickly changed her direction. When she arrived close to the two lovers, the girl flattened the dog shit on Max's face, crushing her nose with it.

- "EAT SHIT! BITCH!" yelled Jane in her ear before hysterically laughing.

- "WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!? (wipes her mouth) WHAT DID I DO!? DON'T RUN AWAY!"

- "I'm not running away, bitch, I'm still there! Next time think twice before sending me in jail!"

- "(Gary cleans her eyes) Don't fucking point a gun at my head next time!"

- "Next time, I'll shoot."

Jane winked at her before smiling and walking away. Max took the tissue that Gary had in his hands and pushed him away.

- "Hey! I did nothing!"

- "Exactly! You could have said something to defend me!"

- "I, I know...but she scares me so much that I instantly froze when I see her..."

Max looked at him and realized he was more than sincere. She sighed with her mouth but didn't answer. Everyone was looking at her, laughing or murmuring things in her direction. She was so embarrassed that she didn't want to stay here anymore. She silently walked away, followed by her boyfriend, to join her apartment to clean her face.

Farther in the city, Mike, Lucas, and Dustin were standing in front of the new diner, recalled the "Red Diner". The place was full of gangsters and there was a sign with written "Red Eagles ONLY".

- "Well, I guess we can remove this place from the good places to eat," sighed Dustin.

- "That's not fair, they have no rights to appropriate a public place like that!" grumbled Lucas.

- "Maybe you want to tell them?" mocked Mike.

- "No, thanks, I don't wanna die!"

- "Now we have to find another place to eat," said Dustin.

- "We'll see with the others."

- "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT, FAGGIES!" yelled one of the Red Eagles from the other side of the road.

- "Maybe we can wait for them somewhere else!" told quickly Mike.

The others agreed and began to run away. They arrived in front of a library and stopped running. Lucas sent a message to his friends to tell them where they were and to avoid the diner. At the same moment, he received a message from Max telling him that she would be late. A few minutes later, Beverly and Will finally arrived.

- "What the fuck is this mess at the diner? I've never seen so much people!" stated Bev.

- "Red Eagles, they're spreading like a disease!" explained Lucas.