Chapter 7 : Some questions

Hopper didn't come back to his home the entire night. They had no information about the thieves, except for one who could possibly be Jane. He wouldn't be surprised, but they found no DNA in the house or anything which could tell them it was actually her, except Max's statement. He asked Joyce to come for a backup.

- "Hey Joyce."

- "Hey Hopper. Why did you want to see me?"

- "I'm looking for Jane."

- "Yeah, I heard Max recognized her, I hope it's not her or she will hear me! Will is traumatized by this night!" stated angrily Joyce.

- "I can't tell you for now, that's why I'm looking for her, to ask her some questions. You have no idea where she could be?" asked the Chief.

- "You don't have an address in her file?"

- "It's a fake one."

- "Jane..." sighed the woman.

- "Yeah. I'm trying to find her family, but nothing. She never talked to you about someone?"

- "You mean, when she is not threatening everyone with her father!? No, nothing. She doesn't really talk about herself."

- "Yeah..."

- "The man!"

- "The man? What man?" frowned the man.

- "The one who picked her up after the court decision! We could find him and see what he knows about her, no?"

- "Um...I guess, but we have no information about this man!"

- "You don't have a file or something like that with photos of all the persons you arrested?"

- "Oh, yeah, of course."

Hopper switched his computer on while Joyce stood to sit next to him. The man entered different factors to reduce the numbers of suspects. But even with this, there were still twenty pages with forty photos on each one.

- "You can't put other factors? It's gonna take us an entire life!"

- "Oh yeah, you're right, I should have asked to see only the ones who kissed Jane!"

- "It's not the moment to make jokes! Maybe he is part of her gang too!"

- "Oh...maybe."

Hopper added this factor. The pages decreased from twenty to ten. It was still a lot, but less. After two hours on it, Joyce finally recognized the man.

- "Here! It's him, Kevin Ramirez, I'm pretty sure it's him!"

- "Yeah, I recognize him too. (stands and takes his coat) Let's go!"

Joyce frowned, not sure if he was talking to her or not, but still followed him. They arrived after an hour of ride in front of an old building in a troubled area where kids were dealing drugs instead of going to school. They climbed the six floors before arriving in front of a door where loud music was coming from. Hopper knocked loudly with his fist on the door. A few seconds after, the music stopped and a tall tanned-man, shirtless with a black bandana on his head and tattoos all over his body, opened the door.

- "What's that!?"

- "(shows a picture of Jane) Do you know her?" asked Hopper.

The man barely looked at the picture, took a joint from his pocket, put it in his mouth, and lighted it on before taking a long puff and blowing the smoke on them.

- "Maybe," finally answered Kevin.

- "Do you know where she is?"

- "Nah, she is not my pet!"